Food without the angst - Vegan SW

Thank you Lisa ;) Well I (censored)ed up well and truely yesterday. Multiple boxes of chocolates, packets of biscuits. I think that as I had done so badly during the week I'd got to the self sabotage state and binged as I'd let myself down so badly.

Wish I'd read your post yesterday but I hid away from this part of t'internet as I didn't want to face up to reality. Ah well. I'm 57 today and this is going to be a good year, I'm not going to let the 60s get any closer whilst I'm so effing fat. The sun shines, I WILL reclaim the conservatory as a useable spacerather than a dumping ground for all the 'what should we do with this?' items.

So, the plan is, skip this weeks weighing as I am ashamed and want to pull it back. Start living off roast veggies and raw fruit and veggies with some pulses thrown in and some HEs, maybe only 1 per day of A and B choices. Very few sysns but enough to stop me feeling deprived and see what happens at WI the week after next. I'm not beating myself up anymore, just preparing for a fresh start.

The fact the sun is shining helps, and I've just opened my present from my daughter, a lovely fimo necklace she has made me. I've had a yummy pink grapefruit which will keep me going while I have a bath ....eeek, gotta go before it runs over ....

Thank you Lisa ;) Well I (censored)ed up well and truely yesterday. Multiple boxes of chocolates, packets of biscuits. I think that as I had done so badly during the week I'd got to the self sabotage state and binged as I'd let myself down so badly. Wish I'd read your post yesterday but I hid away from this part of t'internet as I didn't want to face up to reality. Ah well. I'm 57 today and this is going to be a good year, I'm not going to let the 60s get any closer whilst I'm so effing fat. The sun shines, I WILL reclaim the conservatory as a useable spacerather than a dumping ground for all the 'what should we do with this?' items. So, the plan is, skip this weeks weighing as I am ashamed and want to pull it back. Start living off roast veggies and raw fruit and veggies with some pulses thrown in and some HEs, maybe only 1 per day of A and B choices. Very few sysns but enough to stop me feeling deprived and see what happens at WI the week after next. I'm not beating myself up anymore, just preparing for a fresh start. The fact the sun is shining helps, and I've just opened my present from my daughter, a lovely fimo necklace she has made me. I've had a yummy pink grapefruit which will keep me going while I have a bath ....eeek, gotta go before it runs over ....

Don't beat yourself up!. You need to get back on track and that includes weighing yourself this week (take the rough with the smooth). Vow to save syns for treats next week :)

Just keep going at it - it's a slippery slope otherwise xxx

Lisa x

I've been focused today, only had half a slice of my birthday cake and left the icing. Go me :) I'm not beating myself up, I made a mistake and will live with the consequences. I do what damage limitation I can whilst still eating healthily. I'm resolved not to get back into binging and fasting.

Oh dear, drastic change of plans here. OH got tupeed (sp?) over to a new employer when the contract on his work site came to an end. He unfortunately got put on an emergency tax code last month, so we were down then and it still has not been sorted. Even worse news is that sick pay is at manager's discretion until an employee has been in position for three years. He's a few months short of that and has only been paid half pay for the three weeks he has been off.

So it is drastic cutting back time. SW will have to go but I'll book a couple of weeks holiday and get all the syn values I could possibly think of wanting. The weight loss campaign will still continue of course, I will weigh myself tomorrow on my own scales but of course they will not be the same as the SW ones. Another BIG difference is that I will weigh naked first thing in the morning. I will do that tomorrow, providing the batteries are OK. Hey, isn't this a new and healthier me? All the jumping on and off the scales several times a day? All past history.

I'm not sure how to align this with my current figure, if it's fairly close I'll just carry on, otherwise ... oh I don't know, minor detail, I'll work it out.

It's not been a brilliant day at home today, what with discovering this about an hour ago and my boy having serious wobbles about getting up and seeing his tutor. I've got so much to talk to him about and getting him in a positive frame of mind is vital before I can talk about new plans for summer holiday educational activities to be enforced, and what the psychiatrist has suggested, the good news is I haven't over eaten at all.

Such a positive change it's great. So sorry about the sick pay. Thing is when you TUPE you by law take all your contractual rights with you so as long as his previous sick pay was contractual he should get that - also service is continuous so it goes from when he started with the pre TUPE company

Thanks M, unfortunately despite all these protections built into TUPE, he didn't have enough years to get full pay. AFAIK, this half pay being standard until an employee had done the three years was the terms and conditions from his previous employer. Oh poooooop.

After a MAJOR blip, I'm restarting, in kilos. No longer at group I'm now weighing at home first thing Tuesday morning. My scales said 108.6 kilos.

Thanks M, unfortunately despite all these protections built into TUPE, he didn't have enough years to get full pay. AFAIK, this half pay being standard until an employee had done the three years was the terms and conditions from his previous employer. Oh poooooop.

Bummer that's such a shame. How does weighin compare then? No idea in kgs!

Bummer that's such a shame. How does weighin compare then? No idea in kgs!

Don't know, don't want to know ... oooh, I can't breathe properly if I don't get my head out of the sand ;)

Don't know, don't want to know ... oooh, I can't breathe properly if I don't get my head out of the sand ;)

I've looked it up if you want to know. It seems good but can't remember what you were on last weigh in. Let me know if you want to know!

LOL, I could look it up too ;) I'm glad it doesn't seem too bad, my last SW figure is still on my stats and tracker thingummy. As I'm weighing in the morning, on different scales I'm just using this as a guide to keep me on track till I go back. I've booked two weeks holiday and I like to think I can afford another two weeks at the end of this month and we'll see then how I am going with the SW scales.

Today's food has been delightfully on track but I've had all my B choices and about ten syns worth of pom bear crisps and a raffles bar so need to get something nice to snack on as it is late at night when I lose it. I am aware there is still chocolate in the house to be avoided ;) ;)

OH and I went for a little stroll down by our river this evening. Strangely some of the path has been resurfaced and preparations are being made to put in street lights but it still doesn't go anywhere. Strange, it looks like a real serious path you could go for a nice long walk along, but you get round a bend in the river and it stops at a fence and thickets of nettles and brambles. Very strange.

Woo hoo, I was completely on plan yesterday. Maybe a bit light on the SS and SF but I did it. Not a binge in sight and had treats with in the limits.

:( I got brave and did the conversion. I've some work to do to get back into the 16s even first thing in the morning and wearing considerably less than I do when in public.

Food:

Salad with a tin of chickpeas, roast peppers from a jar, lettuce and tomatoes. 1 very very large bowl

SW chips with roast courgettes, 2 small plates of this and more to have as a snack

Apples, grapefruit and I think a mango - possibly not.

Tonight's snack, warm almond milk, cherries what's left of the courgettes and chips. 4 Ryvita

syns, taster of a molten smoothy lolly - 2 (?) and one lump of someone else's granola - 1 or 2 (?) not many anyway. I'm going to be back in the 16s when I go back to the group.

Last edited:
Food: Salad with a tin of chickpeas, roast peppers from a jar, lettuce and tomatoes. 1 very very large bowl SW chips with roast courgettes, 2 small plates of this and more to have as a snack Apples, grapefruit and I think a mango - possibly not. Tonight's snack, warm almond milk, melon if it's still OK and what's left of the courgettes and chips. syns, taster of a molten smoothy lolly - 2 (?) and one lump of someone else's granola - 1 or 2 (?) not many anyway. I'm going to be back in the 16s when I go back to the group.

You're not far off 16s and the way you're going you'll get there really soon

AND two raffles bars, 4.5 syns each I believe. Still in under my 15.

Yesterday I had LOTS of fruit and veggies, here is a new chilled soup recipe.

Into a blender put: 1 peeled and chunked cucumber, 1 tin of chickpeas, rinsed, half a tube of Sainsbury's tomatoe puree with garlic (or tom puree and real garlic) onion salt and some more onion powder. Add enough water to make a soup of your desired consistency and blend it all together. This made just over a litre for me. Had that with lots of fruit during the day and for supper I had MASSES of instant mash made with almond milk with baked beans.

This morning I had good news on the scales, well back into the 16s. Real WI is on Monday so my fingers are crossed and my resolve is not to do anything foolish. I'm probably away so will insult my mother by taking my own food. She won't mind, I hope.

Last edited:
Yesterday I had LOTS of fruit and veggies, here is a new chilled soup recipe. Into a blender put: 1 peeled and chunked cucumber, 1 tin of chickpeas, rinsed, half a tube of Sainsbury's tomatoe puree with garlic (or tom puree and real garlic) onion salt and some more onion powder. Add enough water to make a soup of your desired consistency and blend it all together. This made just over a litre for me. Had that with lots of fruit during the day and for supper I had MASSES of instant mash made with almond milk with baked beans. This morning I had good news on the scales, well back into the 16s. Real WI is on Monday so my fingers are crossed and my resolve is not to do anything foolish. I'm probably away so will insult my mother by taking my own food. She won't mind, I hope.

There you are you see! It only took a couple of days

Back