Food without the angst - Vegan SW

Hi Bee,

thanks for that. Eh, mixed messages from our mothers .... it takes such a long time and a lot of effort to overcome them. I think my mother had some sort of ED at least she yo yo ed between a size 10 and a size 18. She would fill my plate with food she insisted was what I needed and tell me off if I din't want it all, so I was 'bad' for not eating everything. She would also delight in her own self control and tell me how 'good' she had been to have only eaten half a lettuce leaf that day. So, what was the best behaviour, starvation or forcing myself to eat food I didn't want? So, still I swing from one to the other. But much much less lately.

I was pretty much out of control for a while, I've worked out what the stresses were. The rest of my family got away and I've had a lovely and productive time at home on my own and had no problem at all with healthy eating, so productive in fact that I've largly kept away from the computer, my big distraction from getting on woth things.

I had a WI tonight, my first in three weeks. Despite having a few good days here and there my overall impression of the last three weeks is of over eating so I was delighted to find I've lost another four pounds. Two to go for my club 10 and another four for two stones off.

I can heartily recommend hard work in the garden - I've had two sessions in my own and next doors of just over three hourse each of cutting and clearing and moing the cut brambles etc to the burning heap, and still have splinters from it all. Body magic? Who needs an expensive gym membership, just neglect your garden for three years and you can clear it and lose weight. Brilliant.

That's a great loss! Well done. I'm sure all the hard work in the garden really helped. My consultant always keeps insisting that you don't need to exercise to lose weight. And I don't know if I agree. Exercise alone wouldn't be enough unless you are already a normal weight and just want to tone up and by extension possibly lose a couple of pounds. And I also realise that people who are forced into a sedentary life style due to health issues can still lose weight. But surely combining the two would be best? Although I don't believe in the formula of burn more calories than you eat and voila you lose weight, exercise does up your body's energy consumption and would benefit it greatly. Does your consultant say similar things?

Your logic is impeccable, Bee. My consultant doesn't put it quite like that, just exercise helps. I saw a (LOL. one of many) programme about weight loss and metabolism and I got the impression from that is that one's metabolism speeds up after exercise, and stays elevated for a few days afterwards. Or was it Paul McKenna, or Renee Stephenson ... so many I listen to when I need to get motivated again.

One fascinating programme I once watched was called why don't thin people get fat? Looking at weight gain from a different angle. Several naturally thin people were given tables full of food - they looked at it with horror - and their bodily changes were monitored. Most put on weight but one chap didn't, not at all. Oh dear, I must see if I can find it on one of my hard drives, I think this was attributed to him producing more heat and burning off the excess calories that way.

Food, it's been a bit nibbly today.

Various bits of fruit, nectarines and bananas. I used to eat so many apples and now I have a veneer on a front tooth which is liable to become detatched if I munch too hard with it. It came off on an apple before so now I have to cut them up.

A teeny taster of my son's instant noodle things and two party rings. Hooray, Fox's have changed the recipe and there is no longer any gelatine in them. So, 3 syns for the biscuits and a token 1 for the noodle nibble. Hey, someone should bring out a food called Noodle Nibbles, I like the sound of that. I'm about to have another 2.5 syns worth of Ainsley Harriot's couscous with tomatoes and chickpeas in with it

Oh I ache! Have reclaimed another bit of garden today. Tomorrow I pick up some top soil and on Friday or Saturday I plan to get some turf. Then I can sit on the grass and relax!

It was a bit stressful earlier, my son was meant to have a meds evaluation as he is going to try a different sort of drug. But he was too anxious to go. Fortunately the doctor is a lovely and understanding woman who has agreed to prescribe the new anti anxiety drugs without seeing him but giving me a good briefing. Oh yes, more jobs for tomorrow, go and get the prescription made up. And get down the cage my poorly cat has been in, and put away the tents. Aaaaargh. Tonight is officially rest time from now on and I shall start with a hot bath.

All I've had since posting earlier is a mango. Maybe some soup tonight, Mal has inspired me to bigger losses but I don't want to set my sights unrealisitically high asI came crashing down when I did that before.

Oh I ache! Have reclaimed another bit of garden today. Tomorrow I pick up some top soil and on Friday or Saturday I plan to get some turf. Then I can sit on the grass and relax! It was a bit stressful earlier, my son was meant to have a meds evaluation as he is going to try a different sort of drug. But he was too anxious to go. Fortunately the doctor is a lovely and understanding woman who has agreed to prescribe the new anti anxiety drugs without seeing him but giving me a good briefing. Oh yes, more jobs for tomorrow, go and get the prescription made up. And get down the cage my poorly cat has been in, and put away the tents. Aaaaargh. Tonight is officially rest time from now on and I shall start with a hot bath. All I've had since posting earlier is a mango. Maybe some soup tonight, Mal has inspired me to bigger losses but I don't want to set my sights unrealisitically high asI came crashing down when I did that before.

No need to set them too high. I want to strive and if I hit it fab and if I don't there will still be a loss and that'll be great too. You have some great goals to focus on - club 10 and 2 stone. Wow that's so great you must be chuffed. Just think how great we will feel in 7 weeks of goodness...

Our clothes will be sliding off our hips ;)

According to the BMI charts I should be 11st at the heaviest to be in the healthy range. I think I'd look like a walking scraggy flesh covered skeleton at that low. But let's see how I feel about it when I hit 12st

According to the BMI charts I should be 11st at the heaviest to be in the healthy range. I think I'd look like a walking scraggy flesh covered skeleton at that low. But let's see how I feel about it when I hit 12st

At 11 I am really slim. Will find a photo of me at that weight and send it. I'm happy with 12ish and even at 13 it's a real difference and I wouldn't say I looked hefty.

Ok no quick find 11 stone (do have one though and will find it but attached, me at about 13st I think. Much younger of course this is a decade ago but you get the idea

image-4066198262.jpg

image-490021621.jpg

I'd be ok with that figure now!

Yeah, that's a nice shape! And definitely recoverable by your holiday, if my maths and your stats are right.

This little burst of SW enthusiasm is going well. Yesterday I had plenty of syns but also all me HEs, lots of fruit and veg, and lots of exercise in the shape of walking. I got some mushrooms mucho reduced and made a pate with them and some black eyed beans. The left overs can have a tin of tomato added to them for a lunchtime souo. Breakfast has been a banana and a B I G mug of coffee.

Off now for some more walking before mumming and household activities. My daughter and bf will be coming to stay for a couple of weeks. The bed is built in the back half of the living room but some ((LOL a great deal) of tidying needs to be done and the remnants of the camping holiday needs to be put away.

Yesterday OH and I had a nasty hurtful misunderstanding. Hence some of the walking to process it. I didn't binge and gained some more understanding of my internal thought processed. We are friends again.

A little NSV, another pair of trousers is looser. The zip at the front had become slightly adrift and I hadn't worn them because I hadn't got round to mending them. Now they are loose enough that the undone stitching doesn't pull and show over my bulges. With a bit of luck they will become so loose that I'll be disposing of them and never get round to sewing them.

This little burst of SW enthusiasm is going well. Yesterday I had plenty of syns but also all me HEs, lots of fruit and veg, and lots of exercise in the shape of walking. I got some mushrooms mucho reduced and made a pate with them and some black eyed beans. The left overs can have a tin of tomato added to them for a lunchtime souo. Breakfast has been a banana and a B I G mug of coffee. Off now for some more walking before mumming and household activities. My daughter and bf will be coming to stay for a couple of weeks. The bed is built in the back half of the living room but some ((LOL a great deal) of tidying needs to be done and the remnants of the camping holiday needs to be put away. Yesterday OH and I had a nasty hurtful misunderstanding. Hence some of the walking to process it. I didn't binge and gained some more understanding of my internal thought processed. We are friends again. A little NSV, another pair of trousers is looser. The zip at the front had become slightly adrift and I hadn't worn them because I hadn't got round to mending them. Now they are loose enough that the undone stitching doesn't pull and show over my bulges. With a bit of luck they will become so loose that I'll be disposing of them and never get round to sewing them.

Love your positivity. Things seem good - and a walk instead of eating is perfect. Hooray

More walking today, more fruit for snacks, ryvita for HE B, coconut milk for HE A, the pate I was going to turn into soup had to be chucked as it was full of fruit flies and suicided moths. Atm I can't remember what I had but definitely recall 3 biscuits and a couple of mouthfulls of chocolate so we'll assume I went full tilt on the syns up to 15 or maybe more.

It'll be a busy day tomorrow so I expect it will be quite easy to rein in the syns so long as I am prepared with food for when I get hungry.

The person I was collecting some top soil from accidentally gave me their phone number wrong, so as I will be too busy to get it myself they might bring some to me. Then I will get turf down on top of the newly levelled soil and pretend it has been there for ever when my daughter gets here. Last minute Charlie? Not me. Oh, the soil does need levelling, it was vegatable beds for a while and I had dug trenches and raised the growing area. A mistake, slugs ate everything anyway.

So, fingers crossed for me that the garden centre has got in new supplies of turf and that the kind donator of top soil will be able to bring it here.

Breakfast: watercress soup made of two supermaket packs of watercress, stock cube and water.

lunch: apple with a tin of mushy peas and 3 free Linda m sausages.

6 syns worth of chocolate and 3.5 syns worth of almond breeze iced coffee. Hmmm, I seem to be using a lot of syns lately.

I've been playing with model my diet. Here is what it says I looked like when I started (EEEEEEEK) and what I wll look like when I get to 12 st

Fingers crossed, I've not done this with photobucket before.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s46.photobucket.com/user/WasMicci/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Nope, lets try this

Now let's see what they reckon I look like now. I can see a difference, but my face isn't this fat anymore. I think my thighs are fatter than this image,

Last edited:
Back