foodie frenchy fabulous

newmrsB

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would quickly introduce myself as I am jumping back on Slimming world today (but joining a group officially on Tuesday)

I am 23 and cannot remember a time in my life when I have not been on the dieting merry-go-round. I was a 'podgey' child, certainly not fat, but even at primary school I remember being very concerned about my weight. My first diet was when I was 10 / 11 where my parents encouraged me to cut out rubbish and eat more fruit, but I was already at that point secretly weighing myself. I spent the next 6 years swinging between gorging on sweet stuff when no-one was looking, to going all day at school without food and just eating evening meal with my parents.

At 15, I Joined WW, didn't follow the diet, and instead starved myself, refusing to eat more than 500cals a day. Then I regained it. then I lost it. then i regained it.... etc. As a result, my weights over the past 9 years has swung from 12stone4 to 7stone 13.

This summer, I married my childhood sweetheart, who loves me for me and has stood by me through both ends of the weight spectrum. The motivation of getting into a wedding dress saw me join slimming world, and then move to weight watchers online, and I steadily lost 3stones over 18 months getting me to 9stone 4. I thought I had finally cracked my weight problems through being 'sensible' and not putting unrealistic demands on my body and I felt like a princess on our wedding day in a fitted fishtaily style dress, size 10, but even then needed taking in!!!! (never in a million years did i think this would happen!) Unfortunately, I have gone off the rails since the wedding, and have re-gained a stone. Granted, not loads, but I am short and petite, so it shows. Also, my IBS has come back - partly due to stress, partly food. I have started my teacher training this year, and have been in the habit of grabbing a croissant / sandwich / crisps between lessons, eating in the car and binging quite seriously at home (when hubby isn't around). I have dabbled with Atkins (fast but too restrictive) and WW over past few months, but I am still heavier than when I started!

I like SW a lot, I like WW too, but decided to go with SW again, as 1. I'm not really in a rush to shift the stone. I would like it off for our 1 year anniversary in August and I think I generally eat better and more interesting foods on SW, even if it is slower, and 2. I do wonder whether WW adds to my diet / binge mentality as I stress when I have run out of points and think oh well, I might as well not bother today and start again tomorrow...

so, here I go - I'm not waiting til Tuesday to get back on it, I'm doing it from today. I am going to France 2 weeks tomorrow for 6 days and want to get off whatever I can before then as I am bound to be tempted by all the french yumminess. I used to do a diary a while ago on Ivillage, and it really kept me motivated, so... watch this space!

Just had a delicious smoked salmon and chive omelette, quite late for breakfast, so may just have fruit in afternoon if I need it, and a chicken curry for tea (I think). I'm off to look at what we have in the freezer and cupboards, make a list from there and go to the supermarket.

Looking forward to getting to 'know' everyone and hopefully supporting each other to where we want to be :)

S x

Back