Foodie thoughts and munchie mumbles, food diary of a self confessed chocoholic

I'll save syns don't worry! hahaha! Can't wait! (Sorry, we're totally spamming your diary.. LOL!) x

Aww! Thank you Goody :) You are very welcome to join in the mad ramblings lol!

I'm making lasagne. Are you supposed to put egg yolk in the sauce? LOL.

Oops, sos Katy, didn't see your message, too busy entertaining Mother Dearest lol!

Todays Food

EE

B: HexA for drinks, Pineapple and banana

L: Roast chicken, SW roast veg, carrots, onion, spring greens, cauli, mash potato, 40g stuffing 4, yorkshire pud 2, 2 tbsp gravy 1, low syn Caribbean roulade 0.5, fresh pineapple

D: Loads of salad, ham, boiled egg, 1 slice wholemeal bread HexB with 1 tsp sunflower light spread 1, fruit salad

Drinks; Tea, Coffee, Water

Syns: 8.5
Weekly: 44/105

Roulade was delicious, I added 2/3 of a sachet of Caribbean coconut options to the sponge mixture and the other 1/3 to the filling, mixed quark with 0% greek yogurt, chopped banana and fresh chopped pineapple and served it with more slices of pineapple. Worked out 2 syns for the whole thing :)

Last edited:
That sounds nommy!! You're doing so well this week, better than us! I just ate a whole pack of Mikado! (still only 9 syns though!! lol)
You didn't answer me about the white sauce for lasagne! LOL xD
xxx

Oops sorry, yes you add the eggs LOL

ForumRunner_20120318_222548.jpg Caribbean roulade

That looks nommy! :D

No I mean do you just add the egg whites or the yolks as well? x

GOD WOMAN! It's like getting blood from a stone! LOL xD

:rotflmao: Sorry! You beat the whole eggs and add them to the yogurt :massmoon: Bit late now you've already troffed it :Na_Na_Na_Na:

Breakfast, magic porridge pancakes, bleddy gorgeous, made mine with cherry muller. Wouldn't have them all the time cos I'd end up like a house side, but I don't think once a week would hurt :D Plus I don't have time when I'm working.

Having a lazy day today, Marks at work so I've got house to myself, so I've got my laptop, TV on watching forensic detectives, just had nommy brekky and delish coffee. Might start my shopping list for next week and do my nails. Don't you just love having the house to yourself :rotflmao:

ForumRunner_20120319_100404.jpg

recipe here

Last edited:
hi there , just had a snoop through your diary :) I'm another who has a condition that causes a lot of pain so it'll be interesting to see how you cope with the bad days ...my appetite is always affected, even worse if Ive not had much sleep due to it.

good luck and I'll enjoy reading how you're getting on

xx

Hiya Pix, do you know, I've never thought about that so it will be interesting to look back at my food choices on those days. I'm hoping by losing weight and eating less processed foods the Fibro will calm down.

I'm also trying to add some exercise into my routine, I have always suffered from pain in my knees especially, but never as bad as it is now except once about 12 years ago.

I was going though fertility treatment, working full time in a very physical job, my marriage was struggling and I was depressed and stressed. I was told I had spondulosis in my neck, back and shoulder, however looking back on it, I think it was related to the pain I suffer from now. I ended up having a break down, quit my job and didn't leave the house for almost 2 years and it took me about another 4 or 5 years before I felt able to deal with other people.

This bout I've suffered with over the last year or so got so bad I went to the docs for painkillers, thinking it was arthiritis. cAfter tests and xrays I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, when I researched it I could just about tick every symptom, I actually cried cos I thought I was just going mad and imagining the pain lol!

I had a very physical job and enjoyed it very much as I was always busy. Then changed jobs to where I am no. I spend a long time stood on a kiosk just serving customers and not moving about a great deal, I really don't like the job and it's taken me a long while to get used to not being busy and moving about all the time.

I've also been stressed out and miserable, I dislike and do not get on with one of the other women and she is a bit of a bully and I've been a bit depressed just lately, I think this has as much to do with this latest bout as the physical aspect of it does. There has always been pain but not to this extent.

I really want to beat it as my OH and I love to go walking and are planning a walking holiday in May to the Lake District, I really don't want to spoil it for him by struggling. As I said we went through a bad patch a few years ago but since my breakdown he has been my rock and we worked hard to make our marriage work. He's my best friend and he is the only one who understands how much this pain affects me.

When the doc diagnosed me with fibro, he said the best kind of exercise was walking, a healthy diet would also help. Hopefully I will get some kind of improvement over the next few weeks, we shall see :)

Last edited:
How many syns are them pancakes??? They look gorgeous!!! xxx

They were gorgeous, 1 syn if you add 1/4 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp of bicarb. Otherwise free, as long as you class the oats as your HexB, you need to cook them on a low heat and don't make them thick. Wait until the top starts to get bubbles/holes appearing and is set before you try to flip them :)

Yesterdays Food EE

B: Magic oaty pancakes 1, fruit salad, 0% greek yogurt

L: 2 slices wholemeal bread from 800g loaf 8, ham, cottage cheese, fruit salad

T: 3 Ryvita 3.5, philly choc spread 4.5, banana

S: Bag snack a jacks 4.5, cottage cheese, celery

Absolutely rubbish day, I failed miserably :( :break_diet:

syns: 21.5

weekly 65.5/105

Todays food

B: banana,apple, hexa 250ml s sk milk for drinks

L: pumpkin soup, 0% yogurt, hexb co-op wholemeal pitta

D:Salmon, marinated in soy sauce and chinese 5 spice grilled on the George, SW Potato wedges cooked in actifry, salad dressed with soy sauce and cider vig. Tofu Choc pudding 1.5 with raspberries.

S: 2 Fake Ferreo rocher 3 (made these up from recipe on forum, can't say I'm particularly impressed, plus mine worked out at 1.5 each!)

Last edited:
Oh well, draw a line under it. I had a bad day the other day, and yesterday! But I'm still in range of weekly syns so it should be fine, and you are too! :) xxx

Also, how did u make ur Av larger?

I know but I'm just annoyed at myself, couldn't stop eating :(

Your av either needs to be under 19.8kb or 80x80 pixels, whichever is smaller, I did mine 120x120 pixels don't know how small it is. post a pic and I can change it in photoshop for you if you want :)

Back