Foodie thoughts and munchie mumbles, food diary of a self confessed chocoholic

When I uploaded one bigger than 80x80 it just squashed it :(

Hmm! could be mine was smaller in kb than yours as it goes on whichever is smaller.

Tonights dinner :)

ForumRunner_20120320_193329.jpg

ForumRunner_20120320_193358.jpg

Is that Salmon!? I don't like salmon!! But the chips look nommy!!!! Will try sorting a pic out tomorrow :) x

Hiya Pix, do you know, I've never thought about that so it will be interesting to look back at my food choices on those days. I'm hoping by losing weight and eating less processed foods the Fibro will calm down.

I'm also trying to add some exercise into my routine, I have always suffered from pain in my knees especially, but never as bad as it is now except once about 12 years ago.

I was going though fertility treatment, working full time in a very physical job, my marriage was struggling and I was depressed and stressed. I was told I had spondulosis in my neck, back and shoulder, however looking back on it, I think it was related to the pain I suffer from now. I ended up having a break down, quit my job and didn't leave the house for almost 2 years and it took me about another 4 or 5 years before I felt able to deal with other people.

This bout I've suffered with over the last year or so got so bad I went to the docs for painkillers, thinking it was arthiritis. cAfter tests and xrays I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, when I researched it I could just about tick every symptom, I actually cried cos I thought I was just going mad and imagining the pain lol!

I had a very physical job and enjoyed it very much as I was always busy. Then changed jobs to where I am no. I spend a long time stood on a kiosk just serving customers and not moving about a great deal, I really don't like the job and it's taken me a long while to get used to not being busy and moving about all the time.

I've also been stressed out and miserable, I dislike and do not get on with one of the other women and she is a bit of a bully and I've been a bit depressed just lately, I think this has as much to do with this latest bout as the physical aspect of it does. There has always been pain but not to this extent.

I really want to beat it as my OH and I love to go walking and are planning a walking holiday in May to the Lake District, I really don't want to spoil it for him by struggling. As I said we went through a bad patch a few years ago but since my breakdown he has been my rock and we worked hard to make our marriage work. He's my best friend and he is the only one who understands how much this pain affects me.

When the doc diagnosed me with fibro, he said the best kind of exercise was walking, a healthy diet would also help. Hopefully I will get some kind of improvement over the next few weeks, we shall see :)

huge hug for you...I so understand that feeling of relief when you know it's not all in your head. And the impact on your life can be enormous too...you could have written much of that about me

I've lost 20lbs so far and while its not affected the pain levels, it is easier to get up stairs and be on my feet for longer..I still want to saw my legs off at night when it feels like a swarm of bees with tasers have invaded them lol!!

you've got a great incentive with the holiday and a great partner by the sound of it ... and us lot here to help too :D

lots of love xx

Yesterdays Food EE

B: Magic oaty pancakes 1, fruit salad, 0% greek yogurt

L: 2 slices wholemeal bread from 800g loaf 8, ham, cottage cheese, fruit salad

T: 3 Ryvita 3.5, philly choc spread 4.5, banana

S: Bag snack a jacks 4.5, cottage cheese, celery

Absolutely rubbish day, I failed miserably :( :break_diet:

syns: 21.5

weekly 65.5/105

hey...failing miserably doesnt look like this - it involves at least two bottles of wine, a kebab, a family bag of crisps and a box of maltesers :D:D:D and that's just for breakfast !

grin... we all have days where its not so great, but in the scheme of having one of those days you didnt do too badly. Dont be too hard on yourself or it might start to feel an impossible task, and it really isn't xx

Aww :) Thank you Pix, it was just a crappy day altogether :)

Today I got my half stone award and lost 3.5 lbs, bring me up to a total of 8lbs lost so feeling much happier. Plus my sister ItsGCBaby and her partner came to tea after WI and after tea we played on Your Shape 2012 and Dance Central which was fun :)

It can't have been that bad, you had a great loss missus! :D Very proud of you! xx

Forgot yesterdays food :) EE

B: Muller rhubarb yogurt

L: None

D: 1 wholemeal pitta (HexB) 1 white pitta 7.5
salad
chicken kebabs cook on George
Chicken drumstick cook in Actifry
Homemade salsa
Homemade raita
Potato Wedges cooked in actifry

Snacks: Ham

Syns:7.5
Weekly:77.5/105

Off to Meadowhall I think, or Doncaster, will decide when I get to train station. Might have a treat today, should get lots of body magic from walking :)

Will post food later :)

Starbucks ginger snaps per pack 6.5 bargain :D

Decided on meadowhall, it was flipping freezing at train station. Can't believe waterstones and whs don't have any books on walks on the lake district. Will have to look on amazon, might be cheaper for maps on there too.

Really getting excited for our holiday on May, going on a walking and camping holiday, just need to get a bit fitter of the peaks are going to kill me and I want to bag some summits.

Popping by to subscribe x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Waterstones in Sheffield have loads of books on things like that dude, should have gone there!! I've been working money out this morning, probably won't be able to afford to come out next week, but I shall pop up to yours instead. Bloody bills, who needs them. LOL! xxx

Tell me about it hun :)

Well Food today was a bit naughty but seeing as it's the start of a new week and I must have walk a good few miles at Meadowhall today I don't feel too guilty :rotflmao:

B: Starbucks skinny latte with sugar free vanilla syrup (HexA)
pack of Starbucks Ginger Snaps 6.5

L: Cafe Rouge Salade De Beouf, had about a tbsp of dressing it was off the healthier choices menu, the steak was grilled and had no visible fat (was gorgeous but expensive!) Not sure about the dressing though, didn't taste oily so I'm going to say 2

T: Pot of tea, 1 for dash of skimmed milk and a fruit scone from M&S Cafe 16 :eek: for the scone, 4 for the jam and 2 for the sunflower spread

Supper: 2 poached eggs, 2 slices nimble wholemeal (HexB) tinned tomatoes

Syns: 31ish :eek: Oops! Oh well, I had a lovely day and even treated myself to some lovely new pjs and some new trainers for working out in :)

Weekly: 31/105

Wow! Isn't it funny how you can feel so different about going over your syns, last week I was so mad at myself because I'd gone over and just used them on rubbish food. Today I've really enjoyed everything I've had and don't feel bad at all.

I'm already planning a session on Your Shape 2012 in the morning and hopefully we will get out into the Peak district on Sunday for a walk.

I managed to find a book on walks in the Lake District in the smaller Waterstones at MH, so at least it will give us a few ideas to start with. Might even manage a trip to Go Outdoors on Saturday morning so OH can try some boots, his are split, he keeps insisting they are fine :rolleyes: He won't be saying that when he's up to his kneecaps in boggy water and he gets soggy socks!

Just waiting for Asda man to arrive, then I can get snuggled up in my jimjams :D

Last edited:
Mmm scones! :drool:

Sounds like you had a great day spending those syns! :D xxx

Mmm scones! :drool:

Sounds like you had a great day spending those syns! :D xxx

Had a lovely day, I only get to go out for some me time about once a month, so when I do I make the most of it. Last few months I've been very skint as we've been paying for some new furniture so I've not really been anywhere.

Cor! I'm knackered now though, just done 40 mins on Your Shape on kinect :character00115: while waiting for Asda chappie, back is killing, enjoyed it though :party0049: I can feel an improvement just from losing those few pounds, I didn't have to grab my inhaler once, usually I'm flaking out :faint2: Right, think I'm going to have a boiled egg and soldiers for supper cos I haven't had my HexB :eating:

hi,i have just started sw again !! i too have severe fibro and cfs and reading your diary has really given me some help ,hope you are having a good week ?
I have late night munchies when up in pain and comfort eat its a pain in the ****

Hi Chelly, I also tend to eat more on my bad days, or don't eat at all which is just as bad. I'm really trying to do more exercise, I just have to do what I can manage and not go at it like a bull in a china shop. The year before last I got down to 12 stone and we were going to the gym, I was swimming and going to zumba as well as working out in the gym. I did a lot of walking on the tread mill and to be honest I felt brilliant. It's like the doc said to me, if I can manage to exercise I will feel better, it's just knowing that the first couple of months are going to hurt like hell and make me feel worse!

Doc advised walking as the best thing as it's not high impact, or I found swimming really helped :)

Back