Foodie thoughts and munchie mumbles, food diary of a self confessed chocoholic

Hey! I only said Nandos or Harvesters because they're the best for syns and you said you didn't mind so OBVIOUSLY I was going to choose Nandos!!!!!
Chips from there were less syns than I thought, so thats cool! Probs would have been OK yesterday then if I hadn't gone to McDonalds after the gig LOL

Nandos is my favourite. I will literally eat it every day if I could. The chips are gorgeous and the chickennnnn omg. Haha.

KFC haha fully loaded zinger meal my fav I love all takeaways kind of see why I'm on here haha
Me too, we are terrible for them, especially as I work a fair distance away from home so I get in late and we pass a services which has Macdonalds, KFC and starbucks lol! Plus Just Eat is way too easy for ordering food when you're feeling lazy!

Had a rubbish few days and only lost 1/2 lb last night at WI, oh well I'm on it this week, already starting my meal plan for the week and bought a couple of new cookery books so I'm going to try some new recipes.

Today's food
B:QO big bowl original porridge made with water, raspberries, ML coconut greek yog
L: Veg and lentil soup, 2 satsumas
D: Chicken cordon bleu (chicken breast, slice ham, slice Leerdammer light (1/2 HEX A) panko bread crumbs 1) Celeriac and sweet potato gratin 1(recipe from SW site) cavolo nero cabbage
S: 175ml skimmed milk for drinks (1/2 HEX A) orange, options praline 1.5, rocky road hi find bar 3
Syns for day 6.5
Syns for week 6.5/105

Last edited:
Hey! I only said Nandos or Harvesters because they're the best for syns and you said you didn't mind so OBVIOUSLY I was going to choose Nandos!!!!!
Chips from there were less syns than I thought, so thats cool! Probs would have been OK yesterday then if I hadn't gone to McDonalds after the gig LOL

Nandos is my favourite. I will literally eat it every day if I could. The chips are gorgeous and the chickennnnn omg. Haha.
LOL! It's ok, I'll pick next time. To be honest everything is a bit samey at centertainment. I used to like Frankie and Bennie's but that's gone downhill :( Having a curry feast tomorrow :D PARP! Already planned on making chicken tikka, onion bhajis, onion and tomato salad and maybe sag aloo or roasted cauli.

Mmmm sounds nice . I go for the s/w ones ideal for me I'm lazy. Hubby is such a fussy eater i no I'd go to all the effort of making it and he would be like nah cause seen what's going in it .

I dread to think what used to to spent of takeAways. I'd always get a text on a thursday sayin shall we have kebab cause it good soap night haha. Then Friday night arrives another one. Just eat is killer haha we get texts 5 quid off. There is a pizza shop near us where you get large pizza large chips and chicken chunks for like 12 quid cheaper than buying from shop.

I'd say at least 40 a week that's without grabbing things throughout the weekend . It's not like we will be better off tho haha i budget 80 for shopping and normally spend this and takeaways on top. Hopefully will start and notice hubbys wages lasting abit more.

Mmmm sounds nice . I go for the s/w ones ideal for me I'm lazy. Hubby is such a fussy eater i no I'd go to all the effort of making it and he would be like nah cause seen what's going in it .

I dread to think what used to to spent of takeaways. I'd always get a text on a Thursday sayin shall we have kebab cause it good soap night haha. Then Friday night arrives another one. Just eat is killer haha we get texts 5 quid off. There is a pizza shop near us where you get large pizza large chips and chicken chunks for like 12 quid cheaper than buying from shop.

I'd say at least 40 a week that's without grabbing things throughout the weekend . It's not like we will be better off tho haha i budget 80 for shopping and normally spend this and takeaways on top. Hopefully will start and notice hubbys wages lasting abit more.

I know that feeling, we spend a ridiculous amount on takeaways, thing is, when I'm on SW, I will happily cook a fakeaway and enjoy it more than if we ordered it as I've been doing this so long on and off, that I'm already in the habit of not adding extra oil, salt etc. And hubby eats anything I put in front of him, he's like a dustbin lol! It's more a case of, when it's his turn to cook, he will order out rather that cook. Sheer laziness!

On a side note, I had my first driving lesson today, it went great and I was really happy :)

Oh that's brill you will love it don't know
What I'd Do now without driving I'd be lost.

My hubby eats loads and all the wrong foods. Only veg he likes is carrots. He will eat certain fruit. He's just a nightmare loves choc and all junk food.

He's joining me on s/w he isn't coming to group but he is weight tonight after his tea. For the last week he's been on about a bucket list. I asked what this was he said everythin I need to eat before I start diet haha. He's basically having a kebab for his teA then weighing himself. He's got a lot to loose and he needs to do it because if he don't it will soon start effecting his health. We also have a very energetic 2year old so the more energy we have the better

Dinner was good although I think the quantities for the gratin were wrong. I halved the recipe and as a side there was still enough for four people. I ended up halving the portions again and freezing half.

Attachments

• 20170119_204454.jpg
    20170119_204454.jpg
    982 KB · Views: 10
  • 20170119_204532.jpg
    20170119_204532.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
Dinner was good although I think the quantities for the gratin were wrong. I halved the recipe and as a side there was still enough for four people. I ended up halving the portions again and freezing half.

That looks lush!!!!

That looks lush!!!!
The chicken was good, though I think it would have been better with a sauce of some kind and I think it would be great with baked beans and a jacket spud! The gratin was nice, I found some of the flavours a bit strange because I'm not used to them. I think I'd change the celeriac for cauliflower and not add nutmeg and orange zest. Actually I think it was probably the orange zest that put me off a bit. It's one flavour I don't like with savoury food. The cabbage was really nice too, it's very dark green and got a good flavour. I liked the celeriac but think I prefer it raw in a salad and it would be great in coleslaw.

Looks yummy , I'm bad with portion size I eat enough for 2 people . Thing is if I cut down il be snacking don't know what's worse lol

Looks yummy , I'm bad with portion size I eat enough for 2 people . Thing is if I cut down il be snacking don't know what's worse lol

I keep telling you, doesn't matter what portion size is as long as you've got 1/3rd speed food :)
I eat enough for 3 LOL

Honestly, I eat a lot and so does hubby, but when you added up all the potatoes, sweet potatoes and celeriac in the recipe there was 2.1kg of veg for 4 people. 700g of potatoes, 700g of sweet potatoes and 700g of celeriac. I halved that to 350g of each and there was still a ton of food. as a main I might have eaten it all, but for a side dish it was way too much. The chicken breast was huge too and the dog ended up with some.

I snack, I'm diabetic so find having a snack at about 11, 3 and sometimes supper helps me control my sugar much better than a huge meal as my sugar isn't having massive dips (when you go all shaky and want to raid the fridge) or spikes and makes me feel sick. If I eat a big meal, my sugar spikes worse than if I have small and often. And small regular meals are better that one huge one, it's like binge eating. Don't deprive yourself, otherwise you'll soon slip off the wagon. Good snacks are houmous and raw veggies like carrot, hifi bars and fruit, chicken and veggies, VLF yogurt and fruit, apple and cheese from your HEXA allowance, ham and veggies, I sometimes make a huge bowl of syn free coleslaw up and pick at that too. If I'm having a snack I always make sure I have speed food with it too. Supper time I usually have an options chocolate drink so I'm not craving chocolate. If you plan your snacks it helps a lot I think because you're not sat there thinking about raiding the fridge all the time.

I keep telling you, doesn't matter what portion size is as long as you've got 1/3rd speed food :)
I eat enough for 3 LOL
Totally agree, if you want to eat a plate of food the size of a dining table you can as long as a third of it is speed.

Haha,thank you some good ideas there. I don't really find time to snack if I'm honest throughout the day as I'm onthe go most of the day. It's at night time like you say you sit there and think what can I have . Also nap time :)

I still don't feel like I'm doing s diet it's great isn't it

Well the plan for today is this, we are off shopping later as Asda didn't deliver my poor puppies treaties or food, and I'm missing some ingredients for the curry I was making today, so I'll do that tomorrow :) Got a banging headache today, hope it does one as I've got a ton of work to do :(
Today's nosh
B: Mango ML greek style yogurt, grapes
L: HM lentil and veg soup, (HEXB) wholemeal roll, 3 mini baby bel light (HEXA) Apple
D: Steak, SW chips, HM creamy mushroom and onion sauce, tomatoes, peas
S: Skimmed milk 6, cheese scone with flora 15.5 ( oops went to Dobbies)
Syns for day 21
Syns for week 29.5/105

Last edited:
Back