Mushrooms about half a box
1/2 an onion
250g fat free fromage frais
1 knorr chicken stock pot
Approx 250ml of water
1/2 tsp garlic powder or a clove of garlic
Salt
Lots of ground black pepper

Spray non-stick pan with fry light and fry onions and mushrooms until soft. Add a spot of water to stop sticking. Add seasoning, garlic, stock pot, water and simmer until the water has reduced down by about half. Take of heat and stir in fromage frais and gently reheat without boiling. Great with jacket spuds or any grilled meats, even pasta.

The whole meal was 0 syns as I use fry light in my actifry to cook chips.

Sounds nice looks lovely aswell. They told us at group not to use fry light in there as leaves a coating on actifry.

Bet mushrooms are gorgeous on jackets

Sounds nice looks lovely aswell. They told us at group not to use fry light in there as leaves a coating on actifry.

Bet mushrooms are gorgeous on jackets

This is my second actifry, ive had one since they first came out. I love it and it's used all the time. I've always used fry light, whether you use oil or fry light it's going to leave a residue and to be honest, it's a tool to be used not just to sit on the kitchen side looking pretty. And it cleans of if you're that fussed, you just need a good degreaser.

Today's nosh
B: nothing

L: hm houmous,
2 ryvita (hexb),
orange,
hm onion bhaji

D: hm chicken tikka masala,
rice,
hm onion bhaji,
hm kachumber,
hm raita, ,
hm saag aloo,
hm orange and cardamon icecream 1with tbsp honey 2.5

S: skimmed milk (hexa)
Aldi Passions Deli sweet and salty popcorn 6

Syns for day 9
Syns for week 38.5/150

Recipe for homemade orange and cardamon icecream
1 pot Muller Light greek style 0% sugar orange yogurt (otional)
150g Skyr greek yogurt or 250g if not using the muller yogurt
250g 0% fat fromage frais
1 orange zested and squeezed (1 syn)
10 cardamon pods (crush pods to release seeds and discard husks, crush seeds finely)
2tsp vanilla extract
2tbsp Splenda sweetner

Mix all ingredients and freeze, stir to break up every hour or so until frozen.

Last edited:
Oh they were saying it doesn't come off and with only just having one of the new ones it put me off.
I can understand with it being new and how expensive they are.
Mines really marked but just from general use and as long as it's clean, which it is, I'm not bothered. The bits that come off will go in a dishwasher and come up ok, if you cook stuff like sausages in it, then it will get a build up of grease on the lid, whether you wash it every time or not. Like I said a good degreaser should get it off. I don't bother, I might if it was new but we are getting ready for a new one as the cog bit where the paddle sits is wearing out lol! Shows how much it's used.

Had a lovely day pottering in the kitchen making curries and icecream YUM! can't wait for my Indian fakeaway tonight!

I think there great only used mine for diff
Types of potatoes. Take some pics of your fakeaway :D
Will do :D

I use mine for all sorts, sausages and mushrooms are perfect in them, not so keen on cooking things like chilli though, I think it dries them out too much. Chicken drumsticks are good too and handy if you want to make sure the chicken is cooked before putting on the BBQ. Ooo! and crispy onions yum!

How long would you put chicken drumsticks in for good idea to keep in fridge cooked to snack on
About 20-25 mins but I would keep checking them to make sure they are cook through. I never though of cooking the for a snack lol! My hubby would love that, they'd be gone in five seconds flat. He's supposed to be doing this with me but only does the bits he wants lol!

Oh don't get me started on that lol . He came back from work and he thort I said dinner was at 12. Basically sulked cause he to wait half an hour and said I ant doing the stupid diet haha. So I replied please yourself . He proper gets a bag on when he hungry. Went to work at 4 took 2 alpen bars and banana, the banana was black so was already sulking this morning he was hungry.

It really annoys me tho cause he will eat my diet stuff then just say stuff it and eat. I think if your like that there no point doing it u have got to want to do it.

As for chicken ye did it last time. Chicken drumsticks are cheap so il get two big packs and cook the other lot half way through the week so they last lol

Tonight's fakeaway, all homemade

Today's Nosh
B: Nothing

L: Bacon and mushroom sarnie on wholemeal roll(HEXB)

D: Toad in hole made with Asda low fat sausages 3
potatoes
cabbage
cauli
carrots
gravy 1

S: Skimmed milk (HEXA)

Woop WI day and 3lb off, happy with that :banana_dancer:

Back