Foodie thoughts and munchie mumbles, food diary of a self confessed chocoholic

Day off today so going to make that pumpkin soup I was going to make Sunday, also going to make some lentil hash and have it with baked sweet potato for tea. Had this while we were away in a little tearoom near Santon Bridge, it was gorgeous, they topped it with bacon and cheese, I'm not using bacon but I may add a little cheese on top! Yum! Can't wait :D Got some washing in already, and then I'm going to get on with some card making and try to get my blog updated. If I've time I might walk down and meet Mar from work later and call in the new tea shop and farm shop that has opened across from where he works, been meaning to call in for ages and just not got around to it yet!

A Day Off! You mean they actually give u those? Your Day sounds very productive, I love a Cook-A-Thon! Ooooo new Tea Shop and Farm Shop sounds fun, bet they will have some yummy treats for sale! X

Will update nosh later, had a good day diet wise but a bad day at work yesterday and came home miserable. Off today and off out to meet my sister for lunch and then hubby for tea later :) So don't now what I will be eating but depending on where my sis wants to go, it will probably be a jacket spud or a wrap. I shall try to avoid the chips and quiche I usually have lol! Tea will be easier as Mark is meeting me at Meadowhall so either subway, pizza express or chinese.

Will update nosh later, had a good day diet wise but a bad day at work yesterday and came home miserable. Off today and off out to meet my sister for lunch and then hubby for tea later :) So don't now what I will be eating but depending on where my sis wants to go, it will probably be a jacket spud or a wrap. I shall try to avoid the chips and quiche I usually have lol! Tea will be easier as Mark is meeting me at Meadowhall so either subway, pizza express or chinese.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday :-( Yey for today and your plans tho :) If I had those 3 choices? I would go for Pizza Express mmmmmmm! X

Hey Sweetie, Hope you're ok? I've been AWOL myself the last could of days! X

Well here we are again lol! Back where I started, joined back up to SW and hopefully this time I'll stick to it.
I joined back up last Wednesday and had my first proper weigh in Wednesday and lost 2.5lb, ok with that, would have liked more for my first week but as my sister pointed out, I have hurt my neck and I'm taking strong pain killers so I'm perhaps retaining some water.

We shall see what next week brings :)

Yesterdays nosh
B: Nothing
L: HM pea and ham soup free Apple S, 3 small plums S, bag of hula hoop puffed 3.5 syns
D: HM Bolognese sauce free & S, Jacket Potato free
Snacks: Hula hoop puffed 3.5 syns 2 hifi light bars HEXb Banana free 350ml Skimmed milk HEXa

Just waiting for my Tesco delivery and prepping some onion bhajis and soup for tomorrow as I'm at the hospital in the afternoon and we are having an Indian feast tomorrow :D

L: 2 boiled eggs Fr
8 Aldi Foodie Market sour cream and onion mini crispbreads 5 syns
banana Fr
0% greek yogurt Fr
2 satsumas S

D: Grilled Lamb Kebab Fr
WW pitta bread HEXb
Coleslaw made with red cabbage, onion, carrot, lemon juice S
Paprika chips in actifry Fr
Passionfruit tart 4 syns

Snacks: Hula hoops puffed 3.5 syns
350ml Skimmed milk HEXa
Alpen light banoffee bar 3 syns

Last edited:
Trip to hospital for annual eye screening so nipped in to Rotherham after and ended up having a roast pork dinner, oops!

B: 2 Alpen light jaffa bars HEXb
L: Roast pork
Mashed potatoes 3 syns
Roast potatoes 2 syns
Peas
Carrots
Cauli
Stuffing 2.5 syns
Yorkshire pudding 2.5 syns
Gravy 2 syns
D: Nothing
Supper: HM Hairy bikers chicken bhuna
Rice
SW onion bhajis
Snacks: 2 curly wurlys 12 syns
Drinks: Black coffee, cappuccino HEXa, squash

Last edited:
Todays nosh, cutting back after yesterdays syn fest!
L: 3 Aldi sesame crispbread HEXB, FF Tesco cottage cheese, grapes, 4 small plums
D: Gammon steak, new potatoes, cauli, broccoli, carrots, parsley sauce (SW recipe made with quark, chiken stock, parsley and onions)
Drinks: coffee, tea 350ml skimmed milk HEXA (for coffee) water
Snacks: Curly wurly 6 syns

Last edited:
I usually work from home but, in the office today so had to take a packed lunch and the other girls had fish and chips :(
B: 2 Alpen light jaffa bars HEXB
L: salad, toms, cucumber, grapes, cottage cheese, 4 aldi sesame cripsbreads 6 syns
D: SW chilli, Actifry chips, apple
Drinks Tea, coffee semi skimmed milk HEXA

Tuesdays nosh
B: 2 cherry bakewell alpen light barsHEXB, Apple
L: Bachelors beef savoury rice, quorn, cherry tomatoes
D: Jacket potato, bacon, mushrooms, beans, 1 tblsp brown sauce 1 syn, skyr yogurt, raspberries, 1 tbsp sweet freedom syrup 2syns
Snacks: 250ml Semi Skimmed milk HEX A

Wednesdays nosh
B: 1 cherry bakewell alpen light bar HEXB, Skyr yogurt, raspberries
L: Cottage cheese, peppers, cucumber, apple, satsuma
D: Fish, chips and mushy peas from the chippy Opps! Post WI
Snacks: some choccies and a cadbury's cream egg biscuit, jaffa cake alpen light bar HEXB, 250ml Semi Skimmed milk HEX A

Todays Nosh, at home today and I've got a really sore tummy so not feeling like eating :(
B/L: Omelet made with eggs, 40g lf cheese HEXA, bacon, mushrooms
D: Nothing
Snacks: 2 alpen light cherry bakewell bars HEXB, Skyr yogurt, banana, 1 tbsp sweet freedon syrup 2 syns, skimmed milk for tea 3 syns

BOOOOOO! I'm gonna start a new diary I think. I thought I'd better get on here again seen as I've been uber crap these past 2 days. Jono failed his driving test, cause of one stupid thing that wasn't really his fault. Other than that he got 6 minors and would have passed!! But I've got Caribbean Pepperpot Stew in the slow cooker at the moment and I've not had any syns today so I'm hoping to get back on track today. :)
Hows yer week been xxxx

I've been so rubbish these past few weeks! Can't wait to get back to group on Wednesday and start again!
How are you doing (except from knocking yourself out!?)

Back again after almost a YEAR! :eek: Had a very nasty tumble down the stairs and that totally put paid to any dieting last year. Nearly brained myself, anyhoo I'm back, hoping to drag the hubby with me this week. Was nice that my sis Katy (itsGCbaby) is going too and she's back on here too YAY! Had a good first week so far, food has been ok. I'll start posting food updates after next week as I'm uber busy with work at the mo and haven't got time to sit procrastinating lol!

Thank you, you look like you are doing fab :) It's been a bit slow but I have kind of been messing about, I've got my serious hat on now :D

Lasagne turned out lovely, even though it was a bit of an experiment, just needs a bit of tweaking. Nearly didn't have it at all, came to get lasagne out of cupboard, looked at the date and it was 2 years out of date, had to send OH to get some more rofl!
Tomato sauce made with
tin toms
4 rashes bacon
medium grated carrot
couple of handfuls of chopped mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
dried basil, oregano, parsley
onion
2 tbsp tom purée
black pepper

White sauce made with
1 tub quark
2 eggs
good pinch nutmeg
S & P

Lasagne sheets, washed baby leaf spinach

put tomato sauce on bottom of dish, then layer of pasta, layer of spinach, white sauce, pasta etc My dish had 2 layers of tom sauce and 3 layers of white sauce, then I topped it with sliced tomatoes. It was very tasty but could have done with me not reducing the liquid so much in the tomato sauce before putting it the fiished dish. Cooked it for about 45 mins.
Not made it but m daughter taves about the body coach lasagne recipe. Like slimming world bbq sauce jus poured over chicken portions (uncooked) , in slow cooker. Have with veggie rice salad etc. So many lovely rhings to make. Lets hope this time you get to your goal. I am same as you ...never hit goal. I need to get into the exercise but got a virus at the mo. Good luck faye

Back