Foodie thoughts and munchie mumbles, food diary of a self confessed chocoholic

Just waiting for my Iceland delivery and Asda later, thought I'd start trying some new things again. Used to buy a new food to try each month at one time but we stopped doing it, so ordered a celeriac to try.

Yesterday's food was pants
B: Exotic fruit salad from Co-op which I didn't realise was not all speed fruit :(
L: Wholemeal roll (HEXB) 2 Leerdammer light cheese slices (HEXA) onion and tomatoes, rocky road hifi bar 3
D: Veggie cheese bake with wholewheat pasta, corn on the cob (disgusting, won't make that again) (made with VFF cottage cheese and Skyr yog)
Snacks and drinks: 100ml skimmed milk for drinks 1.5 , options mint 1.5 , muller light greek style lemon yogurt, rocky road hifi bar 3, banana, Chupa Chup sugar free lolly 1.5
Syns 10.5/105

Today's nosh
B: None
L: Wholemeal roll (HexB) Ham, beetroot, tomatoes, plums
D: Iceland lamb shanks 3, potatoes, cabbage, sprouts, carrots
Drinks and snacks: 350ml skimmed milk for drinks(HEXA), orange muller SF greek yog, roasted chickpeas, salted caramel options 1.5 orange hifi bar 3 (Syns for day 7)

17.5/105

Last edited:
Mmmmmm lamb shanks!! I need to start experimenting more.

I am hoping to put new batteriea in my scales today. Then i will know how i am doing. It s such a normal eating plan i can t see how i can have lost
I had out an extra 6 lbs on so I am hoping most of that has gone. If not it that same old thing" Must try harder" Faye x

I am hoping to put new batteriea in my scales today. Then i will know how i am doing. It s such a normal eating plan i can t see how i can have lost
I had out an extra 6 lbs on so I am hoping most of that has gone. If not it that same old thing" Must try harder" Faye x

It always amazes me how it does work, It's the only one I can happily stick to and even when I'm not "dieting" I still use a lot of the recipes etc. Because I love them :)

Saturday's food
Bit of an odd day as I actually went into work as we are prepping for CHA which is the largest trade show in the craft and hobby industry, so it's a big thing and everything has to be perfect for the stand and our big new product launch. All very exciting but as we ordered out for food and the place we ordered from wasn't doing jacket spuds yesterday only chippy food I ended up having fish and chips. It was the smallest fish and chips I've ever seen but still, the tray was smaller than my phone lol! The fish was probably no bigger that a couple of battered fish fingers. Plus yesterday we had visitors at work from a Japanese company and they brought all sorts of yummy goodies in and so I had to try a couple of Japanese cookies too lol!

B: None
L: Fish 8, chips 10 and mushy peas
D: Cottage cheese with chives, Ham, Cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, 4 Ryvita multigrain(HEXB) +2
S: Cookies 10, Hifi orange bar 3, 250ml semi skimmed mild for drinks (HEXA)
Syns for day 33
50.5/105

Well food has gone a bit wonky the last few days, should have known it would as work is chaotic. Never mind, back on it tomorrow and a nice chilli cooking for tea :)

Haha , I think I'm living on this site at the min. I'm a stay at home mum so always checking my phone for new ideas lol I think I'm addictive lol.
Your sister also started day before me so it's nice to relate to someone that is as the same stage as myself .

Enjoy your chilli , I love it but hubby don't so don't really make it

Haha , I think I'm living on this site at the min. I'm a stay at home mum so always checking my phone for new ideas lol I think I'm addictive lol.
Your sister also started day before me so it's nice to relate to someone that is as the same stage as myself .

Enjoy your chilli , I love it but hubby don't so don't really make it

Lol! We started again at the same time, I'm much older than Katy so I'm a grumpy old lady and she's the more social one lol! It's always good to have someone who understands where you are coming from :)

Chilli is good, lots of speed food in it, having it with orzo pasta which we've never had before, it's weird, looks like rice but tastes like pasta lol!
Food for yesterday
B:Bacon and mushroom sandwich (HEXB) .5 for brown sauce
L: None
D: went to Nandos, Nandos butterfly chicken with mango and lime marinade 3.5, 1/2 regular portion of chips 7.5, corn on the cob
S:Semi skimmed milk for drinks (HEXA)
Syns for day 11.5
62/105

Food for today
B: Greggs sausage roll 17.5 :eek:
L: Cucumber, carrot sticks, celery, tomatoes, chicken, Muller light greek style SF orange yogurt
D: Chilli, orzo
S:Banana, semi skimmed milk (HEXA) large piece of egg custard 24 :1461:(it was a large piece and tasted rich so I'm going high)
Syns for day 41:oops:
103/105

Never heard of orzo pasta ul have to post a pic. I love greggs sausage roll and Nando's . If I go out tent to go places and have steak and jacket or gammon. Never thort of Nando's cause there spicy rice is low and it's gorgeous

Never heard of orzo pasta ul have to post a pic. I love greggs sausage roll and Nando's . If I go out tent to go places and have steak and jacket or gammon. Never thort of Nando's cause there spicy rice is low and it's gorgeous
I hadn't heard of it ontil I saw a recipe on Twochubbycubs fb page for a risotto type thing with it. I'm not that fussed about nando's but it's Katy's favourite, I always thing the food is rubbish, it's like frozen oven chips and packet savoury rice with a bit of grilled chicken for and extortionate amount of money, rather have a KFC lol!

Back