Foolproof galette

Emmma

grammar police
I'm reposting this from another thread, as thought it might be an idea to have it in here.

Since we've so many people just joined us I thought it might help, since everyone's first attempt is a disaster I think. You need a REALLY GOOD non stick pan. Don't worry about seperating your egg - just mix with 1.5 tbsp oatbran if you're in attack, 2 if in cruise, 1 tbsp sweetner & 1 tbsp fromage frais or quark and perhaps some flavouring (a shake of cinnamon or few drops of oil and alcohol free vanilla essence).

A savoury version would be the same without the sweetener and adding dried herbs/spices for flavour.

With your pan on the smallest ring on the lowest heat pour in your mixture and shake it around a bit to flatten and spread it out. Set a timer for no less than 10 minutes and then go away and forget about it. When your timer goes off gently edge a spatula in one side, bring it round the edges and your galette should lift up off the pan. You can flip it now and give it another 5 - 8 minutes to finish it off.

It takes a little practice but once you've got the technique the galettes are brilliant!

thanks for the tips, I'm starting dukan tomorrow and was a bit worried about galettes but they will be a necessity for me as I hate porridge:D

well as I am starting on saturday going to have a trial run galette for lunch today. think is will do a sweet one.

Struggling to find non fruit based 0% fat yoghurts. I live in a smallish town and our supermarket choices arent brillant.

just had my first galette, presentation wasnt the best as it stuck to the pan but it tasted lovely, sprinkled some splenda on it.

If you can't find suitable yoghurts, why not make yourself a dessert (baked egg custards are a favourite of mine...). Otherwise, with sellby dates as long as they are (I found 18 May on Mullers last weekend, right at the back!!), you could do a monthly shop!

You could make your own yogurt - I have this yogurt maker but a thermos flask would do the job.

One 0% yogurt to start you off, skimmed milk to fill the pots and give a wee stir, leave overnight in the yogurt maker/thermos and in the fridge in the morning - job done (andI keep one yogurt from each batch to make the next lot).

I put some dried skimmed milk in them too now (am on stab though) and it makes them a lot thicker.

Thanks so much fr posting that. Can't believe I've lasted nearly 5 weeks on dukan without giving it a go! I feel like I've been missing out! Lol x

Going to try this tomorrow, I made the breakfast biscuits today and they are lovely :)

Been meaning to post in here, I finally managed to make a perfect galette by following these instructions, and I have to say the galette isn't half bad. Definately an easy way to eat the oatbran, thanks for posting

just a quick question.
on attack- can you use more than the 1.5 tablespoons of oat bran? or is that the total amount.
becuase , i was looking at the porridge, and it looks like you need more than 1.5 tablespoons to make a portion.
any help appreciated.

i have just done day 1 on attack.

thanks!

No, 1.5 is it for attack. It doesn't make very much, though I added Fromage Frais to it in the pan with splenda and that enlarged it a bit. It goes much further as a galette and is a real staple.

No, 1.5 is it for attack. It doesn't make very much, though I added Fromage Frais to it in the pan with splenda and that enlarged it a bit. It goes much further as a galette and is a real staple.

Exactly how I do it, makes a nice snack. I also add vanilla essence to make it more easy to eat

I have got this off to a fine art now - yay! :) I have just made one in readiness for lunch at work tomorrow which is gonna be a wrap with either a filling of prawns, chicken, fat free greek yoghurt, tabasco and coriander all mixed together thingy 'wot I av made' or spread with mustard and slices of beef then wrapped up. I will decide in the morning.......

Can you also make them in the oven?
I just made one in the pan, but I so don't have a non-stick pan!
It tasted delicious, but it wasn't really a gallette, it was more like gallette goo.
And it was a nightmare to clean the pan afterwards.

I usually cook in the oven anyways. I just wonder if you can make them in the oven

We can do anything we like :) but the result isn't the same, and you'd need to either line your tin with strong greaseproof paper or invest in some silicon moulds (which are really useful for low fat cookery anyway).

Perhaps muffins would suit you better (but a good non stick pan is a great investment for all Dukan meat cookery...)

How tall are you? Can you update your stats please?

I'll invest in a good non-stick pan so ;)

Oh yeah, I posted it in my diary thread. But just added it to my stats too.
I'm around 5ft 3

I'm reposting this from another thread, as thought it might be an idea to have it in here.

Since we've so many people just joined us I thought it might help, since everyone's first attempt is a disaster I think. You need a REALLY GOOD non stick pan. Don't worry about seperating your egg - just mix with 1.5 tbsp oatbran if you're in attack, 2 if in cruise, 1 tbsp sweetner & 1 tbsp fromage frais or quark and perhaps some flavouring (a shake of cinnamon or few drops of oil and alcohol free vanilla essence).

A savoury version would be the same without the sweetener and adding dried herbs/spices for flavour.

With your pan on the smallest ring on the lowest heat pour in your mixture and shake it around a bit to flatten and spread it out. Set a timer for no less than 10 minutes and then go away and forget about it. When your timer goes off gently edge a spatula in one side, bring it round the edges and your galette should lift up off the pan. You can flip it now and give it another 5 - 8 minutes to finish it off.

It takes a little practice but once you've got the technique the galettes are brilliant!

nope - still cant do it!

Back