For anyone "thinking" about doing Cambridge Diet - hopefully some inspiration. Long

paul1978

DO NOT QUIT !
I am writing this as I am so happy that I started on the Cambridge Diet journey as just over 3 months down the line and I have almost lost 5 stone. I am hoping that this message may give a little bit of inspiration to any people that are still thinking about doing the CD Diet, cos I know that I spent a few weeks (about 3 or 4 weeks) thinking about it. My main arguments were: Would I be able to handle living off shakes ? Especially after all the food Im used to eating ? How am I going to fit the diet around my (social) life ? I had all these thoughts and feelings going through my head before I started. Im not going to lie, there have been a few lows but a lot more highs. Day 2 and 3 on the diet were like hell, so much so I nearly quit there and then ... but Im so glad I didnt. Im now just over 3 months in and its become (almost) a way of life, Im not even hungry between the shakes, Im actually enjoying them. The times I am hungry I drink water (Yes, it really does work!)I am so pleased with this transformation, that I have decided to extend my goal. I am going to keep going until I hit 14 stone - thats 2 st 6 lbs to go. Ive got to the point now that Im not bothered if someone is sitting next to me eating, although if they are eating chinese, they are pushing it :D I really want to become a Cambridge Diet Counsellor (CDC) at the end of this, although financially Im not sure Id be able to but I would just love to help people get to their goal weight. This has been such a life changing journey for me already and it hasnt finished yet, I just want to help other people with it. Anyway, Im not used to writing anything inspirational, but I hope a little insight into my Cambridge Diet Journey has shined just a little bit of light (and inspiration) and has helped you to decide if this is the diet for you. It certainly has been and still is for me. Please feel free to check out my online diary below. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Im gonna go now because as you can see, I just cant say enough about this amazing diet. :D

Well done Paul - and thank you for this. Can't believe you only have 12lb left to go ... fantastic!

Thank you but I havent updated my tracker - I have lost 67 lbs - I only have 6 lbs left to lose until I hit my first goal of 16st, but as I said in my above post, Im going to keep going until I hit 14 st. I just wanted to try and help people who are having difficulty in deciding if to do this diet or not (like I was at the beginning.)

Paul, this is a great post. Your enthusiasm for the plan literally shines through. I have a lot of admiration for you, and if you were able, I suspect you would make a brilliant CDC (once you are please move to Weymouth & help me along -CDCs have NO idea down here - LOL!)

Seriuosly, well done you & thank you! XX

Wow Paul thanks for a brill post!!!! I was having doubts wether i could do this but reading things like that made me realise I can do this Ive done it for 2 weeks whats another few months

Thank You xxxxxxx

Well done Paul. I feel the same way you do about Cambridge, I t really is a life changing experience although I'm not there yet I still have 19.5lb to go I'm starting to like what looks back at me in the mirror. I may like you decide to go a little lower when I'm nearing my target but will wait and see how I feel then.

A great post and I'm sure you will have inspired a lot of people.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.

I am writing this as I am so happy that I started on the Cambridge Diet journey as just over 3 months down the line and I have almost lost 5 stone. I am hoping that this message may give a little bit of inspiration to any people that are still thinking about doing the CD Diet, cos I know that I spent a few weeks (about 3 or 4 weeks) thinking about it. My main arguments were: Would I be able to handle living off shakes ? Especially after all the food Im used to eating ? How am I going to fit the diet around my (social) life ? I had all these thoughts and feelings going through my head before I started. Im not going to lie, there have been a few lows but a lot more highs. Day 2 and 3 on the diet were like hell, so much so I nearly quit there and then ... but Im so glad I didnt. Im now just over 3 months in and its become (almost) a way of life, Im not even hungry between the shakes, Im actually enjoying them. The times I am hungry I drink water (Yes, it really does work!)I am so pleased with this transformation, that I have decided to extend my goal. I am going to keep going until I hit 14 stone - thats 2 st 6 lbs to go. Ive got to the point now that Im not bothered if someone is sitting next to me eating, although if they are eating chinese, they are pushing it :D I really want to become a Cambridge Diet Counsellor (CDC) at the end of this, although financially Im not sure Id be able to but I would just love to help people get to their goal weight. This has been such a life changing journey for me already and it hasnt finished yet, I just want to help other people with it. Anyway, Im not used to writing anything inspirational, but I hope a little insight into my Cambridge Diet Journey has shined just a little bit of light (and inspiration) and has helped you to decide if this is the diet for you. It certainly has been and still is for me. Please feel free to check out my online diary below. Good luck with whatever decision you make.
Im gonna go now because as you can see, I just cant say enough about this amazing diet. :D

inspirational paul, well done, fabulous weight loss

debs x

Starting weight - 11st 3 1/4lbs
Goal weight - 9st

started CD tues 20th May
Goal 1 - get through day 1 (lol) Done!!
Goal 2 - get to ketosis Done!! :D
Goal 3 - 1st WI - 27/5/08 - 7.2lbs lost!! :D Done!

Fab weight loss, and a FAB post.

I have to say I agree - 4stone down in 3½ months (not bad for a girl:p), and within sight of goal. CD has really been my saviour. Any other diet and I'd still be struggling to get out of the 14stone range atm, whereas here I am 2lb's above the 10's!

Keep up the good work, and I'm sure you would make a fantastic CDC.

What a fantastic, inspirational post. You have done incredibly well and i'm sure you will hit your new goal in no time.

Well done Paul!!

Paul, just wanted to say how brill yo have done.Thanks for posting your story up there, giving us all motivation to continue and inspiration.Your right about this diet best diet ever.

becky x

WOW it's posts like yours that inspire me to keep going and i'm sure you will have inspired people to start the journey as well xx

Well done Paul, there's a bloke called MooCow who is thinking about starting, it might be good to post on his thread.

You have done AMAZING! Way2Go!

Well done on your fantastic weight loss journey so far Paul.

Your thread really does help new people like me, who are at the very beginning of their weight loss campaign. I have been so hooked on this site for the last few days and have had so much help and advice regarding a few issues I have had getting forms filled by my doctors and information regarding the different choices/diets that are out there it has just been fantastic.

It is great to be able to get first hand information and success stories from people that are and have been, in the exact same boat as me, so thank you again for sharing. You must feel like your walking on air at the moment and it will continue for you I can tell.

Paul thank you for this post. I have been on CD for 9 weeks now. A slower loss as I have had planned cheats (a couple non planned one's too along the way!) However, inspiration from people like you has helped me get straight back on track and stops me going into my previous "oh! I have blown it by eating a slice of cake so may has well give up now! So I am still losing weight, it may be slower but for me it is working. But I do so admire those who simply stick strictly to CD SS. Well done.

Back