For anyone who ever said "only a pound"

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
I lose 1lb a week on average- have done since I started

I know this seems like a slow loss to many, but remember that when you complain about losing 'just a pound' you are (albeit unintentioanlly) diminishing someone elses' success

Personally I am incredibly proud of my 1lb a week weight loss. It is a badge of honour for my determination and strength.

I know many will have seen this before, but I thought it deserved a dusting off for newbies and a re-read for oldies

Only One Pound
Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm Only One Pound, just a pound.
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one,
so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound."
( as if that were such a terrible thing!)
For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing.
And I love being around you -
your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

Here here CP.

I always say, we didn't put it on overnight so how can we expect to lose it overnight? Every pound off is a pound closer to target which is the ultimate goal for us all. It takes a lot of work to lose a pound and we should be proud of it.

Thanks for posting this matey.

I completely agree, and cocktailprincess that is a fantastic quote and you are living proof that a pound a week all adds up! And I bet when you get to goal you'll keep the weight off because you've learnt to change your eating habits for good now!X

I totally agree hun! I'm proud of each and every pound that I've lost so far! We all should be xx

Great post cp, thanks.

My losses have slowed recently and I have been guilty of thinking "only a pound" or this week "only half a pound":eek:

But it does all count and take hard work so thanks again for reminding me that slow and steady wins the race :thankyou:

Thank you so much for that poem! I've always been happy with any loss but I have an even bigger appreciation for my 1lb losses! Thanks again :D

Thank you for that I am guilty of thinking only a pound *again*! But it does add up to about 4 stone a year so I should be grateful.

Onwards and downwards slow and steady.

Thanks for this, since coming back to sw i have lost 1lb a week and now 3 weeks in i am 3lb down, i have been looking forward to my birthday in August and worked out i will have lost over 2st if i keep up this steady rate. This thread really re-evaluates for all us 1lb loses.

Spooky! I was going to post something similar to this earlier in the week as I worked out that by losing 'only' 1lb per week, I'd be at my target my Summer! I would be THRILLED to lose 1lb per week. Every lb adds up and gets us to our goal.

Love that poem, thanks for sharing.

I have always been a 1lb a week loser, but these 1lbs mount up quicker than you think and before you know it you are losing stones....

OK, so this is an old post but I just thought it needed reposting...
xxx

great post hun, my own journey has been very scenic, but, i finally feel that i'm getting to the point where i can see just a glimspe of sun at the end of the tunnel.:D

Thanks Devon for reposting it!! I remember CP starting that at the time and it's still very inspiring!! Definitely worth revisiting!! I'm also a 1lb per week girl (well a bit less than that on average!) and I hate it when people say they've ONLY lost 1lb!! I know people want to see quick results, but losing weight is for life, not just a quick fix and it's reassuring to me to know that I can chip away, get fantastic results over time and most of all HAVE A LIFE!!!X

Thanks Devon for reposting it!! I remember CP starting that at the time and it's still very inspiring!! Definitely worth revisiting!! I'm also a 1lb per week girl (well a bit less than that on average!) and I hate it when people say they've ONLY lost 1lb!! I know people want to see quick results, but losing weight is for life, not just a quick fix and it's reassuring to me to know that I can chip away, get fantastic results over time and most of all HAVE A LIFE!!!X

Exactly hun! Doesn't hurt for us 'oldies' to read the post, nor for the newbies that have never seen it! xxx

This is a great post !!! I'm on the social team at my sw group and so many women say this "only a pound" and I'm guilty too!!
It may only be a pound off but that's better than any pound on!! A loss is a loss!

This little saying is truly motivational thanks for the post!!
X

Back