For CDC's a question.

BREN

destination .... SLIMSVILLE!
When you reach a BMI of 25 do you HAVE to move up the plans??

i have about 12 kg's in total to loose and was wondering as when I loose 7kg's I will be 24.9 BMI. However, I still see 5kg's as a large number to drop and was wondering, if I still have the will power, could I keep doing the plan I am loosing the weight on until I am 3kg's from goal???

I am doing 790.

Bren
XX

I'm not a CDC but had this very discussion with my CDC as I would prefer to go down to 10st7lbs before I start going up the plan for the last few pounds (11st is 25BMI for me).

She stands firm that I need to go up the plans, but said that I could do a couple of weeks on the lower plans to keep the weight loss fairly rapid. I'm currently 5lbs away from 11st but am going on holiday next week so expect it to be a few weeks before I'm there.

I will watch this thread with interest!

Are you Sole Sourcing??

I just cannot. I find with the pressure of making myself avoid food I cheat and feel mentally able to do CD by sticking with 790 for loosing. I am contemplating the days where I can doing SS but with 4 packs even though I am 5ft7!!

I would love to be 69/68kg's before giving myself food. I do know that when you do give your body more after depriving it for so long (usually when you stall) it responds better to loosing if you up your cals (hence SS+ after 4 weeks is used).

Curious none the less.

XX

Oh and good luck and enjoy your holiday.

Bren
XX

Yes I'm doing SS (with a little skimmed milk added). So which plan are you doing? If you are doing 810 or higher I think you are OK to carry on until your goal weight (provided BMI 20 or higher). The reason why we must move up the plan at BMI25 is that the NICE guidelines state that you have to be overweight to be on a VLCD and so once you are not officially overweight you need to move onto 810 or higher plans as they are classed as LCDs.

I think the above is right - it's from memory so could be slightly incorrect, but hopefully a CDC will confirm soon.

Yep sounds right. So I think that I will do 790 / 810 until about 3kg's from goal as 2 weeks on 1000 and with exercise I should still continue to loose.

That's another question now. How long do I stay on 1000 for is is just restricted to 2 weeks or can I do this for 3 weeks???

XX

When you reach a BMI of 25 do you HAVE to move up the plans??

Not necessarily. You do have to be on at least 810 though. Not 790 (that plan doesn't exist anymore BTW). You can stay on 810 until goal if you want. As long as goal is =>BMI20

How long do I stay on 1000 for is is just restricted to 2 weeks or can I do this for 3 weeks???

It can be for as long as you want (assuming BMI =>BMI20). Some people do the whole diet on it. It will all depend on how you are losing on the plan. Obviously, if you are getting too skinny, you'll need to move up ;)

So, basically..you can 810 to goal, or move up the plans at whatever speed you want. Minimum of 2 weeks per plan is preferable, but longer is fine too :)

KD you are a star thank you!

I must have old books. So I am on 810. Hoping to be about 9 kg's lighter in 8 weeks. Then up onto 1000 to loose the rest.

Bren
X

KD you are a star thank you!

I must have old books. So I am on 810. Hoping to be about 9 kg's lighter in 8 weeks. Then up onto 1000 to loose the rest.

Bren
X

Excellent :clap: The 810 is fab and it's good that you can go lower on it if you want too.

Back