For real??!?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by annalambo, 20 January 2011 Social URL.

1. annalambo

annalambo New Member

Hello everyone,

I started slimming world on the 9th, lost 3.8kg in my first week, then got my period... and I've put 2.5kg back on... but I've been eating the same, if not better than my first week, and it's quite discouraging! I've been trying to drink more and eat plenty of fibre... just not happening. I know it's all going to come off again cause it's only water, but the scales aren't reflecting that right now, and I fear I'll have to log a weight gain on Sunday on my SW online. How depressing is that!! :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't know how much it is in lbs, but your weight can fluctuate a fair bit during your time of the month. Stick with the plan and see what happens next week - i'm sure you'll see a result you like. Alternatively, keep a food diary on here and then others can pick up in there's anything that might be affecting your losses (sometimes it's something very small like not eating enough!).

4. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    And that's the problem with weighing yourself in between weighins. You can scare yourself silly. Focus on the fact that you know you retain water on your star week and trust in the plan to have a massive loss next week.

5. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

I would not worry as it is probably water retention, when it is my period I can put on up to 5lbs. But as soon as period goes it vanishes :)

6. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

I gained during my star week & then the next time I had a WI, I lost it all & then a little extra :)

I know it's discouraging to see the scale go up, but have faith that it won't always be that way. & try to weigh yourself less in between WIs, otherwise you'll drive yourself bonkers!

7. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    3.8 kg in your first week is a MASSIVE LOSS (over 8 pounds). And it may have included a lot of water that's been retained again during your period. You need to look at the bigger picture - the trend is still down and that can only be good!

8. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Oh my god!!!!! My son was only 2.77 kilos when he was born!!!!!! So u lost more than a baby!

Well done! X

9. MummyPig

MummyPig Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just out of interest- when does everybody find they gain weight during the month? By that I mean, is it the week before your period starts or actually during your period? I have noticed over the past couple of years of on/off dieting that I tend to gain the week before my period and that after the first couple of days bleeding it rights itself again. I also gain in a similar way before I ovulate. Twice a month gains, it's just not fair :(

10. bunnylovesalan

bunnylovesalan Proud Mama :)

I gain two or three days before and then it goes back down about the second day of my period :)

11. alwyn

alwyn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    80.29kg
    Current Weight:
    80.29kg
    Goal Weight:
    60.33kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's why I'd advise looking at your weight loss over the course of a month and not week to week.

I'm another who tends to retain water in the week before my period, so it can be a real pain in the a$$ for 2 weeks! Once cos I've gained or maintained, and the other because I'm on!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.