For those of you on maintenance

Spinoza

Never give up
How do you maintain? I know that sounds totally daft, but I can lose weight like the devil himself, have lost the same three stones on several different occasions during my adult life, but so far I have put it all back on as soon as I stopped whatever diet I was 'doing'. Something tells me now that what I've been doing wrong is going back to my carb-munching ways.

Now doing a VLCD for the first time, I can see that ketosis cuts carb cravings - simple as that. I think things are going to be different this time because I plan to stay in ketosis by low carbing happily ever after. Please tell me that this will happen! :p

Also - do you have a strict weight above which you immediately go back on induction? I have a plan that once I reach 11 and a half stone that I won't let myself get above 12 without going right back to 20g of carbs again. Does anyone else do this? Or if not, how do you police yourself?

the atkins method if you follow to the word shows you how or what puts on the weight carb wise.

You need to read the book (several times if anything like me) and learn how many carbs a day you need to maintain and just practice by eating :D

I allow myself 3lbs, but I don't actually weigh myself much anymore, I go by my belt and how my clothes feel. I also go on strict induction before a known blow out, parties, works do's Christmas or holidays etc.

I tend to only eat one carby meal a day, the rest are Atkins friendly.

Back