For those of you who have had planned days off?

I think the more you plan the easier it is. What I mean is just saying you are having a day off means you can have anything (including all that carby, sugary stuff that sets off the cravings) and makes it more difficult to stop. If you say, maybe, you are having dinner that evening and can get as much detail in your head as possible and it is not so easy to add things on. Does that make sense? It's just a bit of headology and has worked for me a couple of times. Plan, plan, plan then in your head it is part of the diet.

I quite agree with Mrs B. Have a plan & stick to it. I've had one break where I went out for a meal three weeks ago I knew what I was going to have & stuck to it & then I went back to ssing the very next day & I have continued to lose weight since.

I have to say it was a pain as I think I dropped out of ketosis which made me a bit grumpy but by the 3rd day after my break I was fine.

I am having another break on saturday it's the same scenario - going out for one meal. I know what I am exactly going to eat & I will stick to it & I will be back in the ss saddle the very next day with plently of water.

I don't have any further breaks planned & I will work up through he plans sticking to them religiously. I am determined to succeed & I believe that I will get to goal & maintain my weight in the future! PMA (Positive Mental Attitude!!) has got me this far. So Ruth G it depends on where your head is at & only you can be the judge of that!

Just seen this, Ruth.

My advice would be to have a low-carb meal in the evening - meat and salad or meat and veg. I had a fair few planned days off during my time on cd, but always stuck religiously to low-carb, which meant I never struggled to get back onto ss. Trust me, after five/six weeks on ss, a chicken salad will taste divine, and seem like a real treat!!

Obviously it's entirely your choice, and your mind might be made up one way or the other in another couple of weeks time anyway, but I have seen an awful lot of people struggle to get back on plan after eating carbs. On the other hand, there've been a few who have not struggled in the slightest.

Btw, it's my daughter's Birthday on the 18th, too!

Jo x

it all depends on the person.. I know someone who used to have planned breaks.. has done amazingly well.. could get back on it no doubt.. and looks absaloutely fantastic..

Whereas.. others (like my good self).. i messed around on it for a while after taking a break.. n its hard.. so i guess unless you REALLY need to.. i just wouldnt reccomend it.. too much hassle..

x x x

I think the key to it would be to plan what you're going to have! I'm having 1 meal on my birthday on the 3rd of May and I'm already planning on what to have. I'm sticking to protein and Veg and I know, like you I'm 100% commited to this diet so I'll get straight back on the next day.

Back