For those of you who stall easily?

thedream

I was wondering if for those of you who stall easily from eating certain foods such as cream, SF jelly or too much cheese ect, have you found weight loss in general difficult? It just got me thinking maybe if you find it hard to lose weight on any diet you would have to be more strict on Atkins? Hope that makes sense.

I am lucky that I lose fairly easily and quickly, my problem is sticking to diets. I have had success with VLCD and calorie counting in the past but I really struggle with sticking to it and am forever stopping and restarting and always regain eventually!

I am hoping that as I lose easily I won't stall on Atkins or at least not for a long time x

I think Atkins is like most diets, thedream - it works if you stick to it faithfully but when you start to bend the rules it stops working really quickly! Also like most diets the more you have to lose the quicker you lose it. I find a lot of people talk about 'clean and green' and 'strict induction' while eating all sorts of crap that is neither clean, nor green, nor included in the induction advice. I am queen of this by the way, which explains why I've lost one pound in a month. But it's not the diet plan that's at fault, it's the slipshod implementation of that plan. Note to self, must try harder. ;0)

Good luck with your loss - Atkins is renowned for stalls, even if you stick to if faithfully, so don't panic if you don't lose for a few weeks, it's usually followed by a couple of weeks with good losses. Plus you get to eat loads of lovely food - bargain! :D

Thanks for your reply Waterworks. I am following the induction advice to the T (at least I hope, I haven't received my book yet). I just don't understand why it says on the Atkins website you can be SF jelly on induction if so many people seem to stall because of it? x

I had a couple of weeks where I ate jelly cream and cheese and didn't lose anything. I haven't been having any jelly it cream since and the tiniest amount of cheese and loosing again. I find that too many vegetables don't help me either x

Had you always eaten jelly, cream and cheese and were losing and suddenly it stopped? Or did you notice the stall as soon as you started eating them? I just want to be prepared if i do have a stall and need to rethink what i'm having. I've had jelly 3 days out of the 6 and have cream every day, i've lost 4lb so far but i know that will be purely water weight. x

I was loosing then introduced those bits then I stalled.... I ended up having a week off and started again with no cream jelly and a tiny but if cheese and I'm loosing again x x

It's like anything really - not just the sugar free jelly. for example Atkins says we can have 30g of cheese and 2 tbsp of cream daily but some people can't eat anywhere near those amounts before they stall. Different things stall different people - I can eat as much sugar free jelly, sweeteners, coke zero and cheese as I want as well as a fair amount of cream and still have a good loss but if I eat over three cups of veg per day it stalls me big style. It's a case of trial and error and seeing if there is anything that stalls you personally.

Thanks for your reply Jonsgirl, that's really interesting. I guess only time will tell and trial and error to see what works for me x

Back