• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

For those on Extra Easy plan

How do you use your 2 HEX's?

I like having two of each, but am going to try a week on EE to see if I can get going again.

My main concern is the HEX's or lack of them as I usually start with milk and cereal, and take sandwiches for work.

Today I managed to make an omelette for breakfast and used the bread for sandwiches. Now I have a HEXA remaining!

I do prefer the other two plans for the HEX's alone!

Milk I can do without as I can take coffee black or white.

Going to need a lot more thought, and especially planning than I though, unless I sort the packed lunch thing out.

Steve

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Soup?

Have you tried having soup for lunch? There are lots of soup recipes which fit EE as you can include potato or sweet potato or pasta to get a carb. fix instead of bread. Or you could count your bread or crispbread as syns. I love rye Finn Crisp as they are only 1 syn each and lovely dipped in hot soup. Get a thermos flask and make your own soup which is cheaper than sandwiches and you can make enough for several days. If you have access to a microwave at work, you don't even need the thermos.

I do EE Maximus. I use the A option for milk - mostly in my morning porridge which makes up my B option.

I'm a touch wheat intolerant so avoiding bread is good for me. For lunch I vary the following:

Last night's leftover chilli and rice, spag bol, jacket pots with baked beans/chilli/bolognese/home made curry. Salads - (today I had a huge bowl of rocket, cucumber, cherry toms, cucumber, cold new boiled pots, eggs and a stack of fresh shrimp). I usually gorge myself on frozen or fresh fruit with a ML yog.

If I am organised enough to have bacon,egg and mushrooms for breakfast at 7.45am - which can be done as I manage to cobble together bacon sarnies for the kids :p so just need the time to sit down and eat MYSELF I use a HiFi bar as my B option.

It must work somehow as I lost 5.5lb this week and am now proudly sporting a Slimmer of the Month sticker from my group!! 15.5lb in 5 weeks - I am over the moon. :D

I use mine for cheese and crackers on a night to eat in front of the tv ( I use the finn crisps and extra light laughing cow). How about having fruit and a muller light for breakfast and a mugshot for lunch if you have access to a kettle at work

I use mine for bread or cereals and cheese - i rarely have milk, I only have one 'proper' cup of tea a day and then drink green so i syn my dash of milk, I have a cherry activia mixed with my 42g crunchy bran and then i usually put my cheese on a pasta and sauce or something with dinner or i just munch it on its own. I do miss having a 2nd b though cos im addicted to pagen krisprolls and like to have them with my soup but prefer to use my syns for naughty things

Mrscush

Woman on a mission!
Hi Maximus

I try and mix them up as much as possible - so for example:

Yest - Breakfast was smoked samon & Scrambled egg with tomaotes, Lunch - tuna salad, fruit and then dinner - pasta with salad, and i used my HEXA on cheese for the pasta. My HeXB i had as 2 alpen lights during the day.
Today I had my hexb at breakfast time as I made magic porridge withe fruit and then JP & Beans for lunchtime. Tonight its home made burgers and wedges and i'll use my HEXa for cheese on the burgers!

For me, what works best is if i try and have a cooked brekkie on days when I am on EE, and use no hex's at all. I dont find fruit or yog fills me up as much as eggs and beans etc - so its just thinking of new ways to use them.

HTH

fayhamy

This time its for keeps!
Hi Steve,

I tend to divide mine up, some people say this is allowed for thers its a big no-no! But my consultant said it was ok and it works for me! So i would have 1 small slice wholemeal toast at breakfast with beans or bacon or poached egg etc and then have 2 ryvita original later in day as other half of HEB.

With HEA i use half for milk and half for 2 laughins cow cheese usually on the ryvita! If i dont have the ryvita at all I have on ealpen light bar instead (always the choc & orange one, I just pretend its a terrys choc orange! - make a bit of a mess moulding it into a circle and segments LOL!)

Hope this helps!

Hey Maximus - I do EE and I usually get my Hex's done and dusted at breakfast time. 2 slices of Nimble wholemeal bread, spread with 2x Laughing Cow Light triangles on each slice (really nice!)

Then that leaves a further 1 LC triangle to have later in the day.

Or I would have the two slices of toast with Butter Buds (half a syn) if I want the cheese for later (say, for example I want to top a SW quiche with it)

Lunch for me is usually the Super speed soup (I strongly suggest making it if you haven't tried it yet. Everyone I know, on SW or not, loves it!) or else I would have some Super Low Fat Noodles with veg mixed through it, or leftovers from dinner the night before :)

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
It's thinking out of the box at lunchtime instead of having sandwiches. Pasta/rice/potato salads can all be made the night before. Or if you have a microwave thenheat up a baked potato and beans, but then remember you have to have your 1/3 superfree with that.
To be honest I struggle to use both my a and b, I feel better without bread, and only have 2 cups of coffee so count the milk as syns. I really don't want cheese every day. I'll often use a tablespoon of evoo to cook a curry so I can fry the spices properly.

Milk for my tea and HEb either some cereal or 2 alpen light bars.

Before SW I was in the rut of taking a roll into work every day and having it with a cuppa soup and a packet of crisps.

NOW I vary as much as poss:

SW soup with a side salad
SW quiche with either beans or salad
Jacket potato
Leftover rice/pasta/casserole

This frees up the HEB which I use on:

2 Alpen Light bars or
4 ryvitas or
WW bread or
Weetabix or
Porridge

HEA for me is taken up by milk for coffee and I sometimes split this with the odd cheese triangle. :)

About once or twice a week I find myself having a Green day because I fancy 2 HEBs.

HTH
Ali
x

Thanks for some interesting and varied answers gang.

I do make my own soup, but I always make vegetable. Not tried superspeed - I know I should. I ften have soup for dinner. If I ever get around to purchasing another food flask, I could take soup for lunch. Leaving more scope for a better dinner.

The 1/3 free seems a lot more tricky than I though. I have little or no time for a cooked breakfast as leave for work at 7.15 every morning. Any earlier than that and I'm still asleep and not hungry. I like the idea of Mullerlite and fruit though - good one.

I will have to try these mugshots. I am not a fan of packet stuff, instant stuff etc. but I suppose sometimes I might just have to bite the bullet.

Fayhamy, you mentioned about splitting the HEX's - a great point and I have reposted the same question elsewhere. I love the idea of 2 laughing cow lights AND 125ml of semi-skimmed miles along with 1 weetabix and 2 Ryvita or 3 wholegrain crackerbread etc.

Weekends are so much more relaxed and easier to cater for.

I love butter buds, how do they taste on toast though? - Flora lighter than light is adequate as very low in syns anyhow.

Some good ideas in there though - and as always food for thought - thinking outside the box.

Steve

dh and i usually have 3 boiled/scrambled eggs for breakfast or fruit and yogurt. dh uses his heA for milk for his coffee, where most days i dont use mine, or if i do it is for 2 babybel or laughing cow triangles. we like to keep our heB for the evenings and either have a wholemeal pitta bread with some chicken or something in, or a hifi bar, fibre plus bar or 2 alpen lights

I use HEXA for either milk to make a rice pudding if I fancy an sweet dessert in the evning or 3 mini babybel lights to either grate on jacket potatoes, chilli or spag bol etc. HEXB is usually either 2 small wholemeal slices of toast with scarmbled eggs for breakfast, a roll with soup at lunchtime or 2 Alpen light bars as snacks through the day.

It totally depends, but I'll either have 2 Alpen lights in the morning for my heb and then have my hea to use for the evening (I like cheese a lot), so I like to be able to have this in the evening with a decent dinner. However, I do sometimes have a bowl of shreddies (heb) with skimmed milk (hea) in the morning, but then you have to make sure to try and stick to snacking on superfree foods/free foods during the day.