For those who lost a lot on CD before...

Yay for slim Christmases. :D

I lost 5 and a half stones in 5 months the first time I did Cambridge back in 2007/08.

l lost 7 1/2 st in 6 months in 2008

Just got my origional weigh in card out from first time around and goes as follows:

1st WI 23/6/2009 :18st 5lbs
21/7/2009 :16st 5lbs
21/8/2009 :14st 11lbs (had been on 10 days hol too!)
25/9/2009 : 13st 6lbs
22/10/2009 : 12st 12lbs :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Glad you asked this question Ishafik as looking back at this has given me new resolve to finish this!! I remember feeling sooo good after losing 1stone in the first week and 2 stone in the first month I want to be that focussed again...... mmm ... :) xxx

l moved to Dubai after loosing my weight and kept it off the 12 months l was there just had a lot of good food fruit, stir fries, the weather was great incentive to keep it off , well when we came home l was so depressed and miserable l ate for Ireland, hence back here regained 5 st over 2yrs and have now lost nearly 30lbs in 7 weeks so lm sticking to it l remember how ecstatic l felt wearing size 12 jeans

can i ask for those who regained it. what was the reason you regained your weight? and did you finish all the steps?

I went back up to 15st 12lbs in Jan. I had maintained 13st 6lb for a while I think but to be honest was up and down to 14st 4lbs. At first I thought I could maintain it and seemed to have a better attitude to food but slowly and without me noticing old habbits returned. I didn't work up the plans either and did intend to lose more to get to 12 stone 1lb where my BMI would be 25 (I'm 5"9)

I do think maintainance is the hard part especially if you don't address your food issues. But people on here reach goal and maintain so it can be done so that gives me hope. I love reading everyones stats, progress, thoughts and feelings on here it really helps my journey. xxx ;)

I lost 8 stone in 6.5 months - went from 18st 2 to 10st
2nd time round I lost 3 stone in 10 weeks, Have just lost 2 stone in 6 weeks. Maintaining's the trick so I'm going to work a lot harder on that this time!

I didn't do CWP, but LL last time a couple of years' ago. I lost 6 stone in 20 weeks, then lost another half a stone, which I decided to put on again as I was down to about 21 BMI. I stayed more or less the same weight from March until September, then went on holiday and got a little lax, then found it hard to be sensible again once I got home. I didn't put on loads, but probably a stone and a half, but really couldn't get motivated to get it off again. I then got pregnant with my 5th baby and here I am, three months post baby, 6 stone overweight again!

These VLCD really do work like a miracle, but you have to truly change the way you think and act around food - I adore eating!! I know that and I have to address it this time.

I've lost 8 stone 4 lbs in 6 months. Gone from 19st 9 to 11st 4 . Have 8lbs to go to get to goal. Now working up the steps - but finding it a lot lot harder than SS.

Oh my god - how inspirational - if I could lose 6 stone in 6 months (OR MORE!) then I am definitely sticking to this!

6 months is NOTHING in your whole life is it!

I can see maintenance is a problem but I didn't put my weight on by eating too much - I have always been big so I think once I get down to my natural weight I can go back to how I maintained my weight before.

I literally have a healthy diet - just never lost or put anything on before...!

We'll see.

Oh my god - how inspirational - if I could lose 6 stone in 6 months (OR MORE!) then I am definitely sticking to this!

6 months is NOTHING in your whole life is it!

I can see maintenance is a problem but I didn't put my weight on by eating too much - I have always been big so I think once I get down to my natural weight I can go back to how I maintained my weight before.

I literally have a healthy diet - just never lost or put anything on before...!

We'll see.

Sorry Ishafik I don't understand? How were you at the point that you want to lose 6 stone without ever over eating? Not being rude it doesn't make sense. If you had never over eaten you would never have been over your ideal BMI surely? :confused:

The heavier you are the more calories you need to eat to maintain it. So once you lose 6 stone you might be shocked by how much less you can eat to maintain it.

Your Daily Calories (calorie calculator site)

If you use the caculator on the site above it shows you how many calories needed to maintain weight. If you have a moderately active lifestyle - I.e sports 3/5 times a week (see below), you'll find to maintain your weight at 6 stone less than you've started at you would have to eat approx 650 calories less than you used to and that's quite a lot less healthy food.

Activity Levels

Sedentary Lifestyle — Little or no exercise.
Lightly Active Lifestyle — Light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week.
Moderately Active Lifestyle — Moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week.
Very Active Lifestyle — Hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week.
Extra Active Lifestyle — Very hard exercise/sports and physical job or 2x training.

So be prepared you really cannot maintain your target weight eating the same way or at least the same quantity you ate before CD healthy or not. xx

Sorry Ishafik I don't understand? How were you at the point that you want to lose 6 stone without ever over eating? Not being rude it doesn't make sense. If you had never over eaten you would never have been over your ideal BMI surely? :confused:

The heavier you are the more calories you need to eat to maintain it. So once you lose 6 stone you might be shocked by how much less you can eat to maintain it.

Your Daily Calories (calorie calculator site)

If you use the caculator on the site above it shows you how many calories needed to maintain weight. If you have a moderately active lifestyle - I.e sports 3/5 times a week (see below), you'll find to maintain your weight at 6 stone less than you've started at you would have to eat approx 650 calories less than you used to and that's quite a lot less healthy food.

Activity Levels

Sedentary Lifestyle — Little or no exercise.
Lightly Active Lifestyle — Light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week.
Moderately Active Lifestyle — Moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week.
Very Active Lifestyle — Hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week.
Extra Active Lifestyle — Very hard exercise/sports and physical job or 2x training.

So be prepared you really cannot maintain your target weight eating the same way or at least the same quantity you ate before CD healthy or not. xx

I have no idea...but I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that I didn't overeat and have never...it was never portion control that was the problem.

I have no idea...but I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that I didn't overeat and have never...it was never portion control that was the problem.

Surely if you don't overeat but you are overweight by 6 stone you need medical help rather than dieting? You may have a metabolic problem, hyperthyroidism or insulin resistance??

To maintain my 230lb weight I consumed 2300 calories a day, now to maintain a healthy weight I would need 1700.

To gain the pounds I have gained I would need an extra 500 calories a day to gain 1lb a week…I was overeating by 500 calories hence weighing 105lbs too much lol I hold my hands up and fully admit I was greedy thats why I got so fat.

I would be focusing on what is making you overweight if it's not food?..thats really worrying :(

Back