Force yourself to eat?

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
Right.

I am working in chinese tonight at 4:30 - 12. I am taking my chicken salad in with me so I don't have no food should I get hungry.

However. I think ketosis is kicked in, even if the strips aren't showing it because I got halfway through breakfast and not hungry.

I'm going to have to manage to find time for lunch at some point too.

What do you do if you are not hungry? Do you just have a wee bit of something fatty/protein or so you only eat when hungry.

I know Atkins says "do not gorge" and "eat when hungry" but what to do when your appetite is supressed and you don't want to eat?:confused:

Sorry if I am being thick but I did CD a while back (can't afford it atm) and was always ready for my 3 packs a day at some point.

I honestly don't get hungry when in ketosis, but obviously you need to eat something. I'd just plan what you intend to eat for the day and stick to it hun. x

Hey hun, I have the same problem too! I just tend to snack rather than having larger meals.

Every now and again I do think I feel hungry, but it is usually knowing full well that it is emotional not physical hunger! Having said that, it doesn't worry me because unlike a VLCD where you CAN'T eat due to emotional hunger, on Atkins I allow myself a nice meal (no/low carb of course) or a snack, all within plan, if I want it.

And if I am not enjoying it and savouring it, I stop eating. It works out that I usually only end up needing a tiny bite and then I no longer want it! It is good for me because I find it is disciplining me to think about what I am eating and whether I really want it!

xx

remember ketosis aside, protein is a natural appetite suppressant so that can be part of it.

Do try to eat, its important. Try eating the salad before the chicken that might help :)

Back