Forced to eat! (or be VERY hungry!)

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
I got hauled into an all-day meeting today because someone else went off sick and I had to replace them. Unfortunately it was in another building and I left my bar in the fridge in my building! Then what was worse was that food was brought in and we had a working lunch - eek! :eek:

By this stage I was truly starving (the meeting was very hard going) and it was no good thinking wistfully of my bar - there was no way I could get out to fetch it. So I'm afraid that I had a few sandwiches to tide me over. :sigh: (They only had sandwiches and sausage rolls.) I didn't feel I could do anything else really - my tummy was rumbling so loud that I think everyone could hear it, lol. And we had a heavy afternoon to get through, so I just bit the bullet and had the sandwiches.

I didn't eat my bar (although my CDC says you should eat all your meals even if you cheat) but I've just had a soup at home - I haven't been in long.

I hate things like this - it's like not being in control of your own life, and being made to do things you don't want to do. Does this make sense? (I don't feel good about it at all, particularly as I put ON ¼lb last week.) :break_diet:

I'm glad I only work one day a week! :eek:

(PS. What was interesting was that I felt really full and uncomfortable after the sandwiches. I've suspected for a while that I may be wheat-intolerant - I wonder if this proves it? :confused:)

I would have just not eaten anything...I've gone all day with no shake or soup before and have felt fine just drinking coffee.Try keeping a spare soup or shake in your bag for things like this.Above all just put it behind you and start afresh :) You can do it!

I've done the same as you Jaycey, I just can't stand being hungry it makes you feel ill and weak and I don't think it does you any good. But I didn't know that about still having your cambridge meals even when you've cheated.

I've done the same as you Jaycey, I just can't stand being hungry it makes you feel ill and weak and I don't think it does you any good. But I didn't know that about still having your cambridge meals even when you've cheated.
Yes, you need all the nutrients in them, which are balanced to make sure that you get a proper amount in the three CD meals a day. (But I couldn't bring myself to eat my bar on top of the sandwiches!) I really was so hungry, not sure why, and I don't think I could have got out of the room to mix anything up - it was a bar or nothing really.

If this ever happens, I do always put it behind me. I just hate the feeling of not being able to do anything about it at the time. :(

My next test will be our first BBQ of the year on Saturday - and the people giving it are really good cooks! :eek: (Not just a load of sausages and chicken legs - she makes her own burgers from lamb & mint etc. - always yummy!) The trouble with eating real food is that it makes it harder to resist the next time round - but resist I must, especially after the illicit fish dinner last Saturday! (This is a BAAAD week for me!! :copon:)

I was in a similar situation today, got stuck at work with no cd meals, felt weak so sent someone out to get me some chicken and salad with cottage cheese... Low calorie but I still feel guilty, ridiculous really as it was healthy! Drawing a line under it as should you, don't worry about it, get back on the horse as they say!!

I don't think it's sensible to go a full day with nothing, especially if you are feeling I'll and weak! X

Back