FORCED TO REFEED

copog

Silver Member
Hi everyone
I'm feeling pretty upset tonight in fact I feel like crying. I went for my weigh in today and lost 3lb and now I weigh 11 stone, at 5ft 7 thats not a bad weight. I orignally started at 16st 2, but my goal was to be 10st 7 and the chemist wont let me do it now because I have reached a healthy BMI. She told me I have to maintain now. I think this is sooo unfair as I wasnt geared up to refeed yet I thought next week would have been better for me but she wouldnt let me. She sent me away with 8 tfr to do the refeed and said come back and get weighed whenever I want. Does anyone else think its unfair, also although my husband has supported me he has said she has done the right thing (but don't I know best). I feel totally messed up now and dont trust how I feel to handle this properly. Sorry for going on about this but I have worked so hard towards my goal and feel let down. I have a weight problem for a reason and don't think this will help me:cry:

Oh dear!! I know you must feel as though your efforts have been sabotaged just when you were nearly there but I think we must accept that the pharmacy knows what it's doing and only has your best interests at heart. After all it would be easy for them to sell you what you want and make more money out of you wouldn't it?
You may still lose when refeeding you know but even if you don't you can get off the rest of what you want once you have proved that you can maintain ..... and that is actually THE most difficult thing to do!!

You've done so fantastically! Don't get down now! Look at some before and after pics. Congratulate yourself on what you've achieved. Try not to get hung up on a measly 7 pounds. You ARE a winner!!!

Also honey - you say 'don't I know best' ......... as someone who was never happy and always wanted to lose 'just a little bit more' only to end up heavier and heavier every time I couldn't achieve it - I REALLY wish I'd listened to the people who were telling me enough was enough. I'd kill to be 2 stones over the lightest I've ever been now .... even though then I wasn't satisfied .....

I'm afraid this wasn't what you wanted to hear .... sorry **hugs**

Hi Jan I understand what your saying and I now have to prove to myself that I can maintain, but I wish I could of got to my target and then tried. I think its just the shock of it, as I didnt expect this to happen today, I dont' always see the pharmacist so I wasnt expecting this as we havent discussed it, so I felt it was a bit unfair and such short notice. Anyway I will have to get used to it, thank you for your support. If you stick to this diet you will soon get that weight off that you would kill for lol, take care and goodnight. xxx

just maintain and if you wanna drop a little more do weight watechers or somethin

well done on the losses though

Thank you Adam

I will try the maintenance for a couple of weeks and then maybe join weightwatchers. I will really miss my TFR tho:mad: Good luck with your refeed. :)

its ony 7 little pounds left babe!!!!

YOU CAN EASILY GET THAT OFF!!!!

Look how much you have lost already, you are going to be fabulouse, and keep loosing, dont let her dishearten you, she is thinkin of your health...

best of luck for the last bit!

xxxx

Aw hun. I know it's disappointing if you expected to be allowed to go to goal on a TFR :hug99:

The fact is that it really isn't recommended as you can lose too much muscle mass.

Cambridge folk have to move up a couple of steps once they reach BMI 25 to comply with the NICE guidelines which are followed by the nhs etc.

It looks like LL are also moving (have moved?) in that direction with their new plan which involves some food. So I'm not surprised your pharmacist wouldn't agree to you going lower on TFR.

Having said that, Cambridge folk move up to 810 which is still lower cals than a traditional diet, but it allowed as it's not a VLCD. They can stay there until goal. The losses are very similar to a TFR, though it does include food, which is really important anyway. Not only physiologically, but also psychologically.

Maybe LT has something along these lines. A step in the refeed that you may be allowed to stay on for longer?

Hi Binger, I think that everyone here is making a whole lot of sense. As I understand it you can do 2 shakes a day and one meal of high protein, very low carb and still continue to lose weight. You might want to ask your pharmacist about it. Good luck sweetie, and keep you chin up; you've made it this far and you can make it that last 7 if you really feel you want to do that!

There seems to be different rules according to which chemist you go to.

I asked my chemist how long I could stay on it for and she said as long as my weight was within the green (healthy) BMI range I could continue. So if I wanted to, I could go right down to the bottom of the green BMI range.

Having said that, you only have 7 pounds to go and my mum is on maintenance and is still losing weight. It is slower but it will probably be in your best interest in the long run as you'll also be slowly adapting to a "normal" diet as you're losing the last few pounds.

It is scary, having to come off TFR. I'm a bit scared by it already and still have a few months to go.

I think it's the thought of trusting myself to eat healthily. But at some point I'm going to have to.

Alex

It is slower but it will probably be in your best interest in the long run as you'll also be slowly adapting to a "normal" diet as you're losing the last few pounds.

I agree. Better bet than doing WW in my opinion as it will introduce carbs and calories more gradually.

Hi lovely lauren
Thank you for your support, Im slowly getting used to it. I really do hope i can get this last 7lb off and then maintain. good luck with your TFR xxx:)

Hi KD

Thank you for your kind support, we can always rely on people here to make us feel better. I know what you said makes a lot of sense and in the long run hopefully it will turn out right for me its just being taken away from my comfort zone that has probably made me feel so bad. I expected to be prepared and looking forward to refeed not just getting it sprung on me. My hubby is happy about refeed so its up to me now to learn how to eat properly. Thanks again xxx

Hi annie, Thank you and lots of good luck for your continued weight loss. The pharmacist only gave me 1 weeks maintenance and I said do I get the same next week and she said no. I will go and get weighed tho next week and see if she will allow me another week. I never thought i would be lost without my shakes lol. xx

Hi Hoolie
I agree totally, reading chat on here each chemist is different. I have only just gone into the green on the BMI but she explained to me that its about maintaining. I hope I do shift this last 7lb its no were near as quick as tfr tho lol. Its good to know your mum is managing maintenance. It is scary coming off tfr and like you said its all about trusting ourselves. Good luck with your weight loss journey. xxx

It is strange though because as you introduce carbs back, your glycogen stores will be replaced and you may gain a few lbs of water...which then takes your bmi over!!! I think they should have let you stay on to lose the extra half a stone. Oh well, you've done fantastic hun, just try and do a low GI diet and I'm sure you can control your glycogen stores and still continue to lose those last few lbs. Well done hun. xx

It is strange though because as you introduce carbs back, your glycogen stores will be replaced and you may gain a few lbs of water...which then takes your bmi over!!!

But it doesn't work like that on CD, and I should imagine that LT have something similar. With CD, you can stay on 810 until goal. This isn't a VLCD and gives that little bit more protein to spare the lean mass.

As you go up the plans, to replenish your glycogen, you are still low calorie so should continue to lose weight. Or at least stay the same if you are at goal.

If you do WW, you will probably end up putting the glycogen back on and with the calories being that much higher, it wont balance out. Well, not unless a person has been cheating on the VLCD, in which case, the glycogen has probably gone back anyway.

Okay, that is the Cambridge way, but I should imagine that the LT refeed works in a similar fashion.

Hi lovely lauren
Thank you for your support, Im slowly getting used to it. I really do hope i can get this last 7lb off and then maintain. good luck with your TFR xxx:)

i know u can do it sweetie!? thankyou fr ur good luck, i will need it hehe

let us know how u get on xxx

Hi shazpaz
Thank you for your reply, that is how I feel I don't want to go over BMI on refeed because it is known when you refeed there will be some weight gain because of glycogen levels. I know it should eventually balance out but at the moment I dont feel like I should have been taken off it. Thanks again and well done on your weight loss.

Back