Format of meetings

I find Image Therapy tedious on times. Mind you, that depends whether I've had a good or bad wi!!

You can pick up good tips, but you also find it's the same people who like the sound of their own voice that go-on and on and on... and then it's boring.

Can you mention to your Consultant that you don't want to chat? Maybe you'd enjoy it more if you weren't getting yourself worked up about having to talk in front of the class. I'm sure she wouldn't mind - and if it will keep you staying at class, that can only be a good thing.

I don't really chat to people there - and I recognise a lot of people because I've lived in the area all my life. There's someone who was in my year in school - didn't really talk to her in school - so i don't particularly want to talk to her now! (We say hello!!) God, it makes me sound like a horrible person!! hahahahaha!!!

Lx

I too am from a large class , there is over 80 in our class and the first couple of weeks i was bored out my mind waiting on al the weigh ins then going round all the class clapping , however , i managed to find a class that is on first thing in the morning and went there and it is only a small class with around 20 odd people and it suits me much better as there is more time to discuss how your week went and also any tips x

I think Image Therapy and my group are definately part of the reason i have stuck to SW for so long (and the lovely MM peeps on here too!!!)

It is a little like a clapping seal show at times, but i can tell you it does get better - and when you have lost weight - that clap is great. Well deserved as well.

I am quite confident, but sometimes even i get shy to talk about my weight loss/gain that week - esp if the group is quite big. Jan and Feb tend to have busy classes, but by April (esp Easter time/bank holidays) the groups tend to shrink up!!!

I love my group - and its a little family - from the regulars like me, to the newbies who i am just starting to get to know. I think you get out from group what you put in......x

Back