Found an old Photo, Before, Before. LOL

Jim

Big Boy
This was taken in my last year in the Army in Hong Kong in '93

I can't believe that in 7 years I went from this to being 25+ stone
jim-junk1.jpg

LOL, can't say mine looked good, look at that fuzz on top. Dear god.:D

I don't go white any more Claire, I spent so many years in the near and far east. This photo was taken on the second day of our holiday in France back in mid june and I'm already brown love
IMG_0224.jpg

I always have a bit of colour, compared to most brits anyways. But i sooo miss the sun being stuck in england nowadays. I have three weeks leave from 19 august and was meant to be going away with my best mate somewhere hot but now she's bought a house she can no longer afford it. I don't know anyone else wanting to go away so i'm so tempted to just book somewhere and take myself for a week lying on a sun lounger with a good book. I need the break more than anything, it doesn't scare me to travel alone but i worry i'll get bored and about the drive to/from the airport etc in case i'm shattered from travelling.. in a bit of a quandry atm.

That's a shame about your mate love. I'm always worried about single women travelling alone though, but I'm sure you'll be safe providing it's somewhere nice. I know what you mean about the sun though, I'm not one for lying on the beach but it was nice living places where you knew the sun was going to shine.

I guess i'll just have to wait n see what offers are about nearer the time. If there's nothing amazing i'm going to get a wii i think and stop at home. Feel like i could really do with a break though and don't want to sit at home for three weeks as it'll feel like a waste. Ho hum, we'll see what happens hey.

Book a B & B in Croyde, Devon for a long weekend. There are also a few campsites, a really nice beach and several surf schools. There's a biggish town not far away. I've stayed there a couple of times, had surf lessons each time and loved it. Check it out online. X

But Jar, Claire wants some sunshine, England is no good for that. LOL

I'm the same weight now as in the Hong Kong photo AG, just not as muscled or trimmed, :D

I went to croyde on the august bank holiday weekend and got burnt each time. Would advise a wet top and boardies for the sea though!

Boardies Jar?

I must say you look very trim and handsome Jim - both in the old pic and in the recent 'France'pic. Well done Jim, you are a real inspiration.

Hugs

Reactions: Jim
Thank You Ma'am. I was certainly much better toned then. LOL.

Well you can't have everything! Looking trim and happy ticks the main boxes I reckon!

I'm happy with myself Barb, I feel good and that's everything in this world isn't it love.

Boardies = Board shorts, like the surfers wear - they used to be called hawaiian short but these are waterproof and usually have pockets.

I've always wanted to be able to fit into some board shorts but they usually stop at size 16 so i wonder if i can squeeze into some now?! I love the colours..

Completely forgot about this thread so thank you to those of you who have given advice re. my hols.. I shall look at them all after work later on :) You're all total stars x

Ah, I get it, thanks

Back