Foundation/Devt/Management query

MaxieP

Hi All,

It may be a bit presumptious, especially as I'm only on day 20, but I have a question about the programmes. I joined a group at the end of the second week, so not sure if the cllr has already answered this.

Basically, I started at 15st 10lbs and am now 14st 13. I want to get down to 11st 7lbs (I'm 5'10") and anything between there and 10st 7lbs will be a bonus.

So, what happens if I finish Foundation and lose the average 3 stone, and end up at 12st 10lbs. Do you lose weight on management aswell? I'm just conscious of timing as I'm getting married and have the whole dress stress to come. Also, do most people lose more than 3st during Foundation?

Maxie

Yes Maxie,

You can carry on. I did an extra four weeks before switching to Management. You will receive a two new books and expect to have people from other groups coming too. There is no DVD to watch, just a discussion group.

After foundation, you go into "developers" where you continue with food packs and counselling until you achieve your optimum weight.
It is best to start management [a 12 week programme re-introducing food]at your desired weight and not to go too soon.
If this does not fit in with your wedding plans, then discuss ways round it with your counsellor - you may take a break / start management earlier so you can eat on your honeymoon.
HTH

When are you getting married?

A colleague told me her sister was on LL and lost 4 stones in two months!!

It shows that some people can lose more than 3 stones during the foundation stage.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I guess I've only started thinking properly about it this week as the first two were spent trying to get into a routine and see if I thought this diet was actually do-able! Also, the thought of having to do development, at this point, fills me with dread as I'm trying to focus on the 14 weeks. I'm sure it'll be ok, I just don't want to stress myself out right now, if that makes sense. :)

I was unsure if you went into management with weight still to lose or not, so thanks for clearing that up.

I'm getting married on August 18th so hopefully have enough time. It's just with the wedding dress, the sooner it comes off the more options I have!

Maxie

Maxie
I lost 4 stone in the first 3 months - I was the same start weight as you - I went into management weighing 10 stone 10 and finished management at 9 stone 10!
Hope that gives you some idea - I stuck religiously to all the rules with packs, water and also I followed management to the letter!
Don't stress about your dress - whatever happens stay focussed on the most important thing - thats you a SLIM BEAUTIFUL BRIDE!
There will be so many dresses to choose from.........

I'm 5 ft 10 too, started LL at 16 stone 1 lb and went into management weighing 11.12. I didn't do management properly, but at the last weigh in where I was doing it properly I weighed 10.12. I would strongly recommend you don't go into management until you have reached your goal weight, cos although it's possible to lose weight, you might not, and you will probably regain a little bit during trigger weeks.

My tip would be to make sure you're doing 6 litres of water every day, and you'll be losing at the optimal rate, and so development won't be too long a chore for you!

Yes Maxie,

You can carry on. I did an extra four weeks before switching to Management. You will receive a two new books and expect to have people from other groups coming too. There is no DVD to watch, just a discussion group.

Did you get new books in Development? I've had nothing at all in development

There is a large blank-paged 'scrapbooking' type which you can write notes in or do collages (we did one week!) The other book has other information about our continuing LL 'journey' covering all sorts of different subjects which we discuss each week. A tear off part at the back can be folded and used as a new 'weight-recording' booklet. They are both yellow coloured.

There is a large blank-paged 'scrapbooking' type which you can write notes in or do collages (we did one week!) The other book has other information about our continuing LL 'journey' covering all sorts of different subjects which we discuss each week. A tear off part at the back can be folded and used as a new 'weight-recording' booklet. They are both yellow coloured.

Thank you I've asked for them :)

Back