Foundation - recommendations.

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by Snail, 12 January 2008 Social URL.

1. Snail

Snail Full Member

Can anyone recommend a foundation thats goes on easily and it good for covering up spots and blemishes? When i get hormonal spots they tend to scar for a while afterwards (even when left alone and not squished) and need something good to cover them up!

Thinking of visiting one of the posh counters in debenhams or selfridges.
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. ls25

ls25 Member

Weight Watchers
    I have quite sensitive skin and I like biotherm. I used to use Clinique.

I get my foundation from eBay - it's much cheaper.
  4. Snail

Snail Full Member

Thanks, i was thinking of treating myself to some clinique, Is it good then?
  5. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

I love Elizabeth Arden, flawless good coverage and stays put !!

one of my clients told me bout a website.....where all products are £1.50....have a quick look....

Shop Eyes Lips Face

Debz xx
  6. Snail

Snail Full Member

thanks will have a lookie!
  7. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

8. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Gastric BYpass
    Virgin Vie have some excellent foundations, but my fave is the one step face base, which is a compact, applied with a sponge that gives perfect coverage. Costs £14.25 and refills are available for I think £11. I am a consultant so feel free to contact me if you need any further info
  9. xxktxx

xxktxx Member

Calorie counted
    Only just caught up with this thread but I recently switched from Clinique's Soft Finish Make-up to the Bodyshop's Flawless Finish Foundation. I never thought I would ever switch from Clinique but I don't think you can beat this new bodyshop product. It's also nearly £4 cheaper.
  10. vicky82

vicky82 Meh

Being healthy
    For me nothing beats Estee Lauder Double wear, as long as its applied with a brush!
  11. paris192

paris192 Full Member

clinque is a great foundation- lt really looks natural and stays on all day without the oil painting look. Try at one of the big stores and get the girls on the counter to make u up....... ul end up buying the shop !!!
  12. lauramumof2

lauramumof2 Full Member

Weight watchers
    I like the avon minerals powder that you just dust on. I was rather sceptical at first but im won over now.
  13. hottot

hottot Full Member

pro points
    i think i light reflecting one is best as it wnt crust over the spots...i use clinique gentle light make up!!! a gd green toned conceler also will take the redness out ure period spots......dnt chose a heavy foundation otherwise ull look cakey!!!! reflect the light x
  14. urbancookie

urbancookie Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I use either Loreal mineral powder for evening's or No7 intelligent foundation for day wear both very light on your skin and feel's great..♥♥
  15. Tegan

Tegan Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Low Calorie
    Bobbi Brown is the be all and end all for foundations!

It is very expensive (at £23 for a full size bottle) but they are 2 years from opening to throw away, and I have had mine for a year and a half already, and there's still loads left. I probably wear it 4 days a week.
  16. chocolate_baby

chocolate_baby New Member

I think mineral foundation is the best.They have sheer to full coverage and even you have layers on, they will still look very natural on you. I have tried Signature Minerals and Everyday Minerals. Love both of them :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.