Fourth Time Lucky....(or is it 24th?!!!)

spanner25

Aaahhh....

And so I find myself back. New account in an attempt to really signify a fresh start on my journey. I will do it this time.

How did I get here???

My first attempt at SW was in September 2010. I NEEDED to lose some weigh after christ knows how much time spent in hotels, eating hotel food and generally just pigging out. I'd moved out of home after having a health conscious mother cooking my tea every night. I went to my first weigh in and weighed in at 13 stone. I could have cried. When I do tell people how much I weigh, the general feeling is, I wear it well, it doesn't seem too obvious. But it's obvious to me. Growing up I was a stick thin ballerina. When I quit it at 19 the weight just piled on. Inactivity was my worst enemy.

So my first stab at SW was alright...I got down to 11 stone 8. I achieved my Club 10 in Jan 2011. Then promptly vanished off the SW scene. Why?!!! Why did I do that?! If I'd stuck with it I'd be a right skinny minnie now!!!! I was very on and off with the diet throughout 2011. To be honest, even now, if I'm completely honest I wouldn't say I have ever come off the diet. Generally at least two out of my three meals have always stayed SW friendly. Mostly my problem is my chocolate/crisps/ice cream indulgence. Snacking is not my friend. And when I get to that point in the month where I find that I'm too skint to buy loads of fruit/salad. I just lack consistency with it.

The beginning of this year I decided enough was enough and I needed to go back. I joined back to a group which sadly turned out to be pretty rubbish. No team spirit or inspiration. I weighed in then at 12 stone 10. I wasn't happy about this but equally I was relieved, having spent 9 months prior working away and staying in hotels, to have not ended up at my heaviest, 13 stone. I did alright. Got back down to 11 stone 9 at my lightest. Had a break up and after the obligatory two weeks of no appetite, started eating as much junk food as humanely possible. It's been creeping back up for a couple of weeks, and now today, I weigh 12 stone 5. That's about 2.5 stone more than I want to be. I'm aiming for between 9 and a half and 10. This isn't unrealistic. I'm 5ft 5 and I have a small frame. I'm not huge, nor would people look at me and think I'm fat. But for me, I am. So here I am. Back to it.

My weigh in day is probably going to be a Friday. I guess today is not such a good day to start with that in mind but hey - take the opportunity while I feel like it. I choose Friday because I love fat Friday's and at least I then have a week to correct any bad habits!!!

Back