Fox attack.... or was it??

This is dreadful. I feel very sorry for those little girls and their family. Such a shocking story. I so hope they'll be OK.

What i cant get straight in my head,is that the fox couldnt attack both girls at the same time,so surely the one to be attacked 1st wouldve cried out,and either it would've scared the fox away or attracted the parents attention ? There is still something not quite right about this,but that is just my opinion.

I hope the girls both recover fully

true i guess if they had 3 flights of stairs to run up-someone said they had seen a picture of the house.

Please dont get me wrong, i think its dreadful, just something doesnt fit

i don't think it was done by either a fox or a human, i think it was either a family pet or a friends pet and they don't want the animal to be put down.
They don't have a family pet AFAIK and I think it's 10 times more incredulous that any parent would try to protect an animal that had mauled their babies - especially in the immediate aftermath when the police and ambulance got there and especially as the children would presumably be returning to live in the same environment where this animal could access them.

What i cant get straight in my head,is that the fox couldnt attack both girls at the same time,so surely the one to be attacked 1st wouldve cried out,and either it would've scared the fox away or attracted the parents attention ?
It may have only taken a second for the first baby to be injured, which is enough time for the second baby to be hurt before the parents realised and got up. The fox wasn't scared away. It was in the room when the parents go there and remained there until the parents chased it out. It was still there when the police got there. I can't imagine two Met police officers being in on some kind of fantastical conspiracy. For what purpose?

It's only the fox coming right into the house/up the stairs that puzzles me, but as I say, you can never tell with animals.

Attacking the babies once it found them seems like expected behaviour in a way, wouldn't it have regarded them as prey due to their size?

i didnt suggest it was a conspiracy or that the police were involved i merely said that in my opinion, something didnt fit.

I shall butt out

You are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else :)
I happen to think it's a weird occurrence too.

Last edited:
It's only the fox coming right into the house/up the stairs that puzzles me, but as I say, you can never tell with animals.

Attacking the babies once it found them seems like expected behaviour in a way, wouldn't it have regarded them as prey due to their size?

reports have said it was probably the soiled nappies the fox was going for and has seen the babies as stopping it getting the nappies

eports have said it was probably the soiled nappies the fox was going for and has seen the babies as stopping it getting the nappies

Now that I can understand, Max my daughters lab seems fascinated with Olivia's nappies when she needs changing. He's probably a pervert dog though.

I agree it seems really odd - but if it isn't that, then it's too strange a story to make up. As everyone says, it's too improbable.

I'm not 100% convinced on this...foxes generally don't often attack people, usually other animals.
We have a lot of foxes in our area, they literally prance down our street at times-I've walked past one before and nothing happened. Maybe they can't smell fear.
I will say this though, people in this area know that there are loads of foxes, so pets such as rabbits and dogs etc... are kept indoors at night. I'd never dream of leaving a window or patio door open no matter how hot it was ( I read that the fox got in through an open patio door)

I just hope the poor little mites recover quickly. And that this isn't used as an excuse for mass cruelty sucha s a cull or a return to fox hunting.

I've just read that they have trapped and killed 3 Foxes in the area.

I'm not 100% convinced on this...foxes generally don't often attack people, usually other animals.
They don't usually attack adult humans, but these were 9 month old babies - there's quite a massive difference there. As adults we are many many times their size. How often do foxes have access to infants without an adult around?

I just can't see a motivation for the parents to blame a fox when it wasn't nor have I seen a plausible alternative put forward. What was it if it wasn't a fox?

I think it's a bit harsh to imply some conspiracy theory here. It's tragic enough as it is without implying something more sinister happened. Just my opinion.

I'm just praying for those two little ones - and the whole family. Horrible occurrence. I can't imagine how awful it would be for something to attack your babies.

Hope they get well soon.

I think they are having a cull Linz.

i don't think it's fair to cull the foxes. I kind of knew this would happen though. Yes, it's absolutely tragic, and i'd be devastated if it was my babies, but it's a one in a million occurence and I think it's a complete over reaction to kill all the foxes in the area.
Wouldn't it be simpler to just advise people to close their doors/ground floor windows at night?

Back