Fran's Diary - 2012 To Get To Target

Well, its not the greatest achievement ever, I know, but checked today and I am back in ketosis:clap:
After losing a stone in January, I put a whack of it back on following a spa break and sporadically grazed on carb ridden foods in the kitchen, all of which has completely hindered my weight loss. I have not done a daily weigh in this week but will do my weigh in on Sunday and keep my fingers crossed that I have at least undone any damage incurred during the first part of the month. Even if I am not back to my January weight or STS, I will stick to the diet as near to 100% as is possible.

I have my goal of a size 14 top (still to be purchased) and I know it could be possible if not and the end of March, certainly by the end of April. I feel positive and determined now and hope I can sustain this over the next few days and weeks.;)

Glad you are back in Ketosis! Of course you can do it, just believe in yourself and get out and buy that top to motivate you! Sounds like you are having a good day, and feeling positive, so I really hope it continues for you and things fall into place again and that weight falls off quickly!

Well a couple of things today. Firstly, yesterday was good and I stuck to it 100%:D Phew, that was a hurdle I needed to get over! I need to keep going now with my size 14 top in mind. I know it sounds mad, but I do actually feel thinner today. I know I won't be back to my January weight at Sunday's weigh-in, but hopefully wont be too far off it. Therafter, it's roll on BMI of 25 and 'Normal'!

My next observation is the standard of Customer Service at S & S. Since last year I have been dabbling with packs from AAW8, Low Carb Megastore and S & S. My hubby has been so impressed with my weight loss that he too decided to try a VLCD so I contacted online chat on Wednesday evening and following their instructions, placed an order for 5 items per day for 28 days. I asked for a selection of all different meals, shakes, soups and bars. The order arrived this morning fully complete with no substitutes and some complementary nice bits and pieces. Not only that, but the cost was considerably less than what I was paying before (when I frequently received substitute packs). Now I know this is only one order and it could all go belly up, but so far, I am very impressed.
Well done Slim & Save!

Unlike most of the others on here, I am not weighing in daily. I am afraid the results may get me down due to being off plan in the first couple of weeks in February.

Yesterday I knew was going to be a challenge. I was off work, and doing some stuff about the house. Fridge safely avoided thankfully and had shake for breakfast and chilli for lunch. However, evening was a family dinner in a restaurant to celebrate my son's 21st birthday (not till next week, but was the only day we could all be together).

The food in this place is excellent so I knew I would have to do everything in my power to avoid the desserts which are so yummy. My OH decided he was on 'real' food and alcohol for the evening which was even more difficult!

However, all went reasonably well. Had scallops for starters, grilled chicken and green salad for the main and took a black coffee when everyone else was tucking into desserts. I was the driver so I drank a litre of sparkling mineral water. We had a lovely time and I feel so good today that I somehow managed to put temptation to the side. Dont know if I have done enough to get me back to my January loss at my weigh-in tomorrow but I will be happy with damage limitation and hopefully not be up by more than a couple of pounds. I will be gutted if I am back over 11 stones, but will just keep pushing on.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Sounds like a good evening, you did well! Good luck for tomorrows weigh in, you should be fine!

Thanks Alison, kind of dreading it in case it's not good news but at least I am back on track and can move forward now. Good luck with the marble count!

Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in Frannie :)

The meal sounded lovely and not too damaging,great willpower to have a coffee!!!!

Well it's small, but it's there - one pound off! Really pleased with that and feel I am on the right path at last.

Because I have not been able to exercise as much, I have slobbed about more than normal although have done some sessions at the gym.

So all I need to do is keep it up - now isn't that sometining that is easier said than done:rolleyes:. Great support on here though, so hoping it will see me through to a good weigh-in next week.

Good luck to all in the week ahead.

Well done Frannie, its going down and so getting closer to your target! Have a good week!

Well done! Its a pound in the right direction. Take care of the pounds and the stones will look after themselves! Ok, so maybe thats not the saying, but I'm going to use this one from now on! lol! :D

Haha, thanks ClaireCat - that is indeed a good one to remember.

I am not disappointed and the right direction is good for me. Looking forward to my next pound off which will take me to 10 stone 9 lbs. Not sure why, but psychologically for me, its nice to get out of double figures in each stone bracket (mad, I know, but my mini targets are what keep me going....).

Sounds like you made really sensible choices with your meal out. Life does need to go on after all, and it's not point being miserable whilst on this diet. Scallops sound fab actually :).

A pound off is better than a pound on. My losses have slowed a lot and I'm grateful for every pound these days :)

Well Done Frannie :) another pound bites the dust, with many more to follow :D

Just dropping by to say hello :) and congratulations on your one pound loss .. It's alot better than one on and all in the right direction. Also well done on your meal out I haven't attempted eating off plan yet in case I go completly mad

Hey frannie, great start to your diary!

Firstly well done on your previous 4 stone loss, amazing!

Its great to see everyone loving s&s its so much more managable than other vlcd's!

Also well done on ur loss this week :)

Keep it up!! xxx

Well, another 100% day under my belt. I am trying to really stick to this so that this year I will hit my target, perferably in the first half of the year.

Son's 21st birthday on Thursday and attending a retirement lunch on Friday so a difficult couple of diet days this week.

I would love to be no more than 10st 9lbs at Sunday's weigh - in.....:angeldevil:

Son's 21st birthday today so on my way to pick up a cake! I must resist temptation.

Still striving to get into normal weight range. Had a sneaky peak on the scales this morning and looks like I am only 8lbs away. Having started off last year at a weight of 15 stones, it actually still feels quite unreal. I don't think my weight has been this low since I got married 28 years ago.

Without wishing to sound too cliched, I can honestly say it has changed my life. I have been on so many diets over the years but have never finished what I started. Really hope this is the year that I do!

frannie that sounds so wonderful, you must be so pleased, i am hoping this is me in a few months time,
have a great day on your sons birthday

Back