Fran's Diary - 2012 To Get To Target

Cable, all I can say is stick to it WILL be you in a fairly short space of time. Good luck.

Well I attended a celebratory lunch yesterday and all I can say is that I did not stick to plan. I mistakenly decided to partake of wine which of course required carbs to make sure I didn't damage my liver.

The end result this morning is that I put on two pounds which takes me back to last Sunday's weight and totally out of ketosis:mad:

I admit I had a lovely time and it was nice to catch up with a lot of folk I hadn't seen for some time, but I can't help wondering if it was really worth those (ahem) 3 or 4 glasses of wine.......

Anyway, back on course today, will try and get some exercise in and do as much damage limitation as possible!

On a much more positve note though, lots of people didn't actually recognise me at first and the compliments were flying! I still get a bit embarrased about it - I think that I am used to keeping a low profile attending such occasions due to feeling awkward because of my obesity. I always felt like I was the fattest person in the room. I suppose it's one of those things that I will get used to (in the nicest possible way).

Have a good weekend everybody.

So lovely to get the compliments though. You deserve an odd couple of hours off plan and to get the attention for all your hard work! You know you can get straight back to it and get the last pounds off to look even better next time they see you! I think the rest of our lives will be a balance of eating fairly ok foods and then checking in and dealing with any excess before it gets out of hand again but at least we have the tools and should know what we want to look and feel like! Thats how I see my future anyway - not that I am anywhere near thinking about maintainance yet but you are sooooo close now!

Thanks Alison and of course you are right. I do need to be starting to think about where I go in the future.
One thing is for sure, it is not EVER going to be back to obese where I was before. I have put too much effort into the losses so far but I really now want to get to target. Impatient or what!

I have to say though, it's going to be a bit of a challenge spending time on cooking again - it's been a while since I spent any sort of extended period cooking in the kitchen. My family have supported me by basically fending for themselves. A plus really as now they are all reasonably good cooks (and making healthy meals too).

Anyway, had three packs today along with a gym session. Weather is ghastly, so no chance of going out for a walk. Just need to see what tomorrow's weigh in brings......:rolleyes:

Ur losses so far are brilliant! Well done for getting straight back on plan I am sure with your exercise u will get a great result this week x

Well this morning I weighed the same as last Sunday. At least I have got rid of the weight gained last week but I reckon it will be about another couple of days before ketosis kicks in again.

My 10lb weight loss target for February is a definate no-no being as my weight loss this month so far is one pound overall:cry:

Serves me right, but I did know at the beginning of the month that it would be difficult. March should be better as not so many social occasions planned. In addition, my sports injury appears to be healing well, so looking forward to upping the exercise too:D

Been good today and stuck to it 100% so far. Going to tackle some washing now to keep me out of the kitchen!

At least you are showing an overall loss!
I bet that the Fran in your previous life would have used the busy month and the injury as an excuse to come off plan and not go to the gym and would have put on a few pounds!!
You have done so incredibly well with your weight loss and I am sure that March will see you take another giant leap toward your goal!

Better off than on Fran, and it gets harder as you get nearer goal because a the losses slow down and b as you feel so much better the motivation to lose the rest goes away a little and the sense of urgency goes. I know that's what I'm like anyway. Don't look at what you did or didn't lose this month, look at what you lost in total so far.

Thanks Alison and BG.

I have to say, overall I am really chuffed with my achievements and have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure I really have come this far. Yesterday for example, my 16 year old daughter, who is relatively slim, comandeered my size 12 jeans for herself! They were not expensive designer ones, I hasten to add - I am only buying the less expensive and sale items until I reach my target. So I took myself out at lunchtime today and tried on two pairs of size 12 jeans and both fitted! Amazing (only bought one pair though!).

Still a size 16 top although I am beginning to find the size 14s are nearly there - yippee!

All I need to do is lose another 18 pounds...:rolleyes:

You have come a long way Frannie, you have alot to be proud of, size 12 is lovely. Great to see you determined to get to your goal, and you will get there. Keep us all posted xx

Haven't been on here much in the past couple of days. Been sticking to diet reasonably well because have not had much spare time! Dinner out tomorrow evening so could set me back horrendously if I am not careful.

So plan is to have fish and salad and if I do partake of any alcohol, it will be a couple of spirits and soda with large quantities of sparkling water.

Hope everyone is doing ok and off now to catch up with some diaries.

Hi Fran
Was wondering how you were! Glad you are having a good diet week so far even if you are busy!
I keep popping on but there are so many peoples diaries to read I never seem to catch up let alone do mine! I am not having a good week as my niece in hosp having invasive surgery to see if she has yet more cancer! A bit stressful for all of us as she has 3 small children and is only early thirties. I have also had a major row with the inland revenue this week about money they reckon I owe them and I dispute so not a good weel stress wise and so hard trying to stick to plan! Will admit I havent managed it - fine at mealtimes but odd blips in between!
Hope you have a good evening tomorrow and am sure you will make the right choices for your meal, drinks etc!

Hi Alison,

Yes I am fine thanks although it may all go pear shaped in a few hours time when I attack my dinner!

Sorry to hear about your niece, hope the surgery has gone ok and you get some good news there.

Its been a really busy time for me over the past few days (mainly due to work commitments) and like you, I am struggling to keep up with the diaries. I started catching up last night, carried on whilst lying in bed with my iPad and it give up the ghost so I am still not through them! It is great though to see so many folk on this diet - I am really impressed with it so far.

I would not worry about your blips, I am beginning to think that they too are part of the plan!!! The main thing is that you have addressed the problem and excelled in your weight loss so far. I reckon this is definately the year we get to target;)

Hope you get the tax problem sorted out, you could probably be doing without the hassle at this time. Good luck in the week ahead.

Last edited:
I have also had a major row with the inland revenue this week about money they reckon I owe them and I dispute

Whats the problem? *puts her accounting hat on*

Had a lovely time last night but strayed a bit more from plan than I should have:cry:

Food wise, had a starter which included pastry (tut-tut). Main dish was a stir fry chicken and vegetables with no rice or noodles. BUT then I had to just order the Baileys creme brulee, didn't I..!!

Alcohol wise, two Morgan's spiced and diet coke, 1 pint of Tiger Beer, sparkling water and 1 brandy to finish off the meal.:wave_cry:

Overall, not the worst I could have done (believe me, in the past, I would have had rice, noodles, copious amounts of wine and the stodgiest pudding I could find on the menu!!) but not really the best either.
Back on mealpacks today and hoping weigh in tomorrow wont show too much damage. Obviously I am back out of ketosis, but again hope this kicks in again by early next week so that the weight loss will continue.

I have spent 1 hour in the gym today and had a good workout too. My torn muscle is still niggling a bit, but at last I am able to get back to circuits.

I am really determined at this point in time to better my February weight loss - haha, shouldn't be difficult as it was only three pounds!

Good luck to everyone in the weeks ahead.

I think you did well all things considered, good thing is you're doing the right thing today, having a good workout in the gym, sticking 100%. xx

Tara, slipped up a bit - returning from shopping, I grazed on some olives and smoked salmon. Just a couple of mouthfuls so hopefully wont have done too much damage.

Honestly, sometimes I am not safe to let loose in the kitchen!

The new list from SnS says that olives can be part of your veggies and the smoked salmon won't take you out of ketosis - so not the worst slip in the world!

Don't be too hard on yourself Fran, It's not like you stuffed your face full of carbs, and as Weasey says, they are no approved list of veggies and salmon will not take you out of ketosis.

I know how you feel though, sometimes it s hard, I made my niece some toast yesterday morning and it looked like heaven on a plate, just toast! I was so tempted to have a little bit but didn't in the end, but we all have these moments, you're not alone and sometimes we have a little taste, sometimes we rise above it. It's what you do afterwards that counts, getting your goal back in mind and moving forward is the best thing to do, you're doing really well and approaching a lovely healthy weight and you will get there x

Weekly weigh in this morning and have stayed the same. Actually, depending where I place the scales on the bathroom floor, I could be 1.5lbs heavier. But did what I always do and found the lowest reading, lol. At least I am consistent in my trying to manipulate the statistics!

Obviously Friday's night out had a bit of an adverse affect but hoping once I am back in ketosis, I will steam on ahead with the weight loss. I don't really now have any reasons/excuses not to stick to plan. Yes, I do have a couple of meals out planned where I have volunteered to be the driver (mineral water for me) and therefore I should be more than capable of sticking to grilled fish and salad followed by black coffee when everyone else is on desserts. There is no doubt that alcohol lowers the resistance when it comes to making choices from the menu.

I am also planning to do more exercise this week so again hope that it gives me a kick start to this week's losses.

Good luck to all in the week ahead.

Back