Extra Easy free food and 1/3 superfree

lilpixiesue

Quick question. Is free food only free if it is served with 1/3 superfree? Thinkin here about eating out really - if i go out for a curry I have the dhansak for 6.5 syns and plain boiled rice is free. But where's the superfree? I asked at group last night (not my usual consultant) if free food is only free contingent on having it with the superfree (as I understand it to be) and therefore, in a curry restaurant am I better off ordering a side dish of mixed veg cooked in spices (and oil, i assume) and adding a few syns, but getting my superfree, or stickin to the rice which is plain and technically free, but potentially eating more as I am not filling up on superfree?

I'm not overly concerned, it is more of a general pondering-ness than anythin else!

Free food is FREE whenever you eat it - whether you're eating it with a huge bowl of Superfree for your lunch, or just picking at it as a snack on it's own.

Free food is FREE whenever you eat it - whether you're eating it with a huge bowl of Superfree for your lunch, or just picking at it as a snack on it's own.

hmm, thank you. This isn't quite how I have understood it! But you have to have superfree with each meal, yes? So is it better to have a dish which has superfree in, but also syns, or free food with no superfree?
I thought the whole "eat as much as you like" was very dependant on having 1/3 superfree with it each time... but thanks for the reply, i am still fairly new to this x

Oh, now I'm not sure myself. You've really confused me lol - hopefully someone can clear this up a bit.

Oh, now I'm not sure myself. You've really confused me lol - hopefully someone can clear this up a bit.

oh no, sorry! I didn't mean to confuse you!! you're obviously understanding it pretty well if your stats are anythin to go by! :)

If I'm going out for a meal, I make sure that the rest of my day is as 100% as possible and have a mug of superfree veg soup before I leave. That way, I've had my third superfree and as it's before my meal, makes me less hungry (and also less tempted to have naan bread, poppadoms and then ice-cream for desert!!).

Yes, you could use some syns on a veg side-dish to give you your third, but that takes syns away from things like wine, chocolate and ice-cream!!! Syns are precious. They are a limited commodity. Use them on things that make you happy!!!!

Enjoy the curries people!!!

I know what I want to say, but I am finding it hard to put down into words.

Because you're dish is Synned, I think having SuperFree with it kind of defeats the object. You are still going to eat the curry, which is Synned - whether or not you decide to have the vegetables.

I've often had takeaways/meals out and lost weight that same week. I think I sub-conciously think about what I am eating now though - I'm going to the indian next week and have ordered tandoori chicken which is a dry dish of marinated chicken, onions and peppers. I always have it with mushroom rice. That way I'm getting some SuperFree in there, although like I mentioned, I don't think it really matters - it wouldn't change how much of it I ate. Similarly when I order a chinese takeaway, I always go for beef in black bean sauce with vegetable noodles. Loads of superfree in there (and also low in syns).

I don't know if I've just made things even more confusing, but that's how I look at it. Plus, for 1 meal out of 21 in a week, not having superfree is hardly going to affect you that much.

yes this is a good point, I don't tend to eat huge portions so feel like it would just be stuffing the vegetables in there to make sure it's 1/3 superfree just for the sake of it when without I would be full anyway and not eat anymore than that! and agree eating out once in a blue moon isn't going to have a huge impact! I'll just make sure I'm super good before going out besides I know the alcohol is defo going to send me over the edge in terms of syns!!

If I'm going out for a meal, I make sure that the rest of my day is as 100% as possible and have a mug of superfree veg soup before I leave. That way, I've had my third superfree and as it's before my meal, makes me less hungry (and also less tempted to have naan bread, poppadoms and then ice-cream for desert!!)

Hey Lonestitcher

This is what I do, has been working well for me. Despite eating lunch out every day last week on hol, I still managed a 1 1/2 pound loss. My old mentality was "oh well, I am going out for a meal today, I may as well overeat all day and allow myself to lose control of my food intake completely." I love that sw gives the tools to stay in pleasant control. Much better for my self esteem (and weight loss, of course).

Back