Free food on syns calculator

Sio

How does this work? It never asks you how much of the free food is in it. So for example two times of ready made mash, one has loads of butter, the other very little. I know the calories, fat etc... would be different but doesn't seem very scientific.

Also I know soup doesn't have any free food allowance, even vegetable soup. Why is this, and how do you know. There's no guidance on the website.

How does this work? It never asks you how much of the free food is in it. So for example two times of ready made mash, one has loads of butter, the other very little. I know the calories, fat etc... would be different but doesn't seem very scientific.

Also I know soup doesn't have any free food allowance, even vegetable soup. Why is this, and how do you know. There's no guidance on the website.

Who knows! I wouldn't worry about it.

As you say the mash with the butter would have a higher calorie and fat contents and so the syns would come out higher as a result.

I think prepared soups don't get a free food allowance because they usually come with loads of additives. But I might be wrong!

Sorry Vanilla Cupcake. Was in a rush when I wrote that.

Just wondering how best to use it. For example had aberdeen angus meatballs that weren't in the online directory. Wasn't sure if I could put beef in as the free food (made a huge difference).

I only found out you couldn't use free food for soup through here, I'd been eating soup for lunch for months not syning it right. Website could do with a bit more guidance I think.

I make soup with veg from free list why wld that not be free??!! Stock cubes r free too.
Oh no what have I done :-(

Sio said:
Sorry Vanilla Cupcake. Was in a rush when I wrote that.

Just wondering how best to use it. For example had aberdeen angus meatballs that weren't in the online directory. Wasn't sure if I could put beef in as the free food (made a huge difference).

I only found out you couldn't use free food for soup through here, I'd been eating soup for lunch for months not syning it right. Website could do with a bit more guidance I think.

From what I've read the first ingredient in the list of ingredients needs to be free in order for you to use the calculator. So for the meatballs if they used extra lean mince it would be the free food. Otherwise it's 1 syn per 20 calories.

don't know why the soup isn't free. Did you make it yourself?

Yeah I would make my own soup a lot but sometimes it's easier to grab a ready made tin and doesn't leak on the way to work either.

Didn't realise that about the first ingredient thing. Thanks for the help :)

I always used to wonder how it worked, but I think it can work it out based on the other info you put in about carbs fat protien etc. I would have thought something high in carbs would register as high syns on red, and something high in protien would be high syns on green?

Back