free on green- COWBOY PIE

I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes with you. I remeber having it as a small child at a family friends. the fact it was called cowboy pie made it all the more exciting, so i'd say this is great if you want to cook for the whole family as kids will love it. I now do a quorn version as i am vegetarian.

Its actually very simple
You cook sausages, then chop them up and put them in a dish with some baked beans, top with mash and put in the oven for 20 mins.

The nice thing is you can do variations. Like try it with mustard mash. I sometimes put in some chopped tomatoes and onion with the beans or a little chili or some lea and perrins. You can also use a hexA cheese grated on top. Everyone I've made it for loves it. Well suppose ypu can't go wrong with sausage mash and beans.

Mmm, this sounds lovely, and not something i would have ever thought of myself! Will let you know how i get on. xx

Mmm, how many syns would that be with fish fingers! ? xx

I used to make cowboy pie with tins of baked beans and sausages in a pastry casing. Not so SW friendly :D:D

Someone else mentioned this on another thread so I thought I'd check it out.

My mum used to make similar to this when I was a kid, but we never knew what it was called! She used to do a layer of sausage meat, a layer of onions, layer of chopped tinned tomatoes & a layer of beans, topped with mashed potatoes.

Brought back some memories there! I must make it for my family.

Thanks for this!

o_O so simple but sounds good,think Ill try it out with the BBQ baked beans tonight! :)

Back