Free or Low Syn eating out ideas

angel85

Hi everyone,

I'm new to slimming world and was just wondering if anyone could give me some ideas for eating out? what does everyone have when they go out for lunch or dinner? I struggle with this as I'm not sure of the ingredients in things or the amounts that are used so find it impossible to find anything. I always end up having a jacket potato with beans and a side salad and its getting really boring. I'm not a lover of fish but anything else is fine.

thanks
:)

Carvary lunch on EE is free, syn the roast potatoes Yorkshire pudding small gravy if you chose those.

If you know where your eating you can try looking for a website and checking calorie values and working out syns

You can ask the chef waiter to grill any steak/ gammon/ meat fish etc and serve with jacket, salad or free veg that would be free.

Whether spoons do a couple super free salads which are couple syns I think minus balsamic dressing.

Hungry horse do a chicken bacon salad.

Chinese boiled rice and plain noodles are free, king prawn ginger spring onion is lowest dish, it's under 5 syns or use prawns as hexb on green day, count 2 syns for sauce. I've had that nearly every week since starting SW last June, I've lost over 5 stone ;) I love it.

I don't eat out much at all and no where posh so I can't help much further apart from common sense, anything in tomato sauce is better than cream etc Italian, Indian etc.

I like nandos. I tend to go for the butterfly chicken (3 1/2 syns), spicy rice (2 1/2) and corn (free) (based on EE). I love nandos and I figure 6 syns for a meal out isn't too bad.

Nandos and the Harvester, mostly mostly because they have articles on the SW website to help you :)

A few weeks ago I went and had a rather off plan meal at the homemade burger company of burger (chicken) and chips and it was delicious:D

but have since seen they do things like chicken skewers in various marinades and side salads so am thinking i might try one of these when I'm out next time as can't imagine it will be hugely synful

Back