Free Speed food 'sauce'

I just fancied baked beans on a jacket potato tonight but discovered - shock, horror - that I'd run out of baked beans. I'd already started to cook the veg to add to beans, so had a rummage in the cupboards and came up with this. Not only is it full of speed foods, but it was also quick to cook and can be easily adapted according to what's available and your appetite! As said, I had it on a JP (with a sprinkling of HEX cheese), but it could be served on pasta or rice, or mixed with any left over potato to make a hash. As I'm sure others are also looking for ways to eat more speed foods, I thought I'd share.

Thinly slice onion and dice pepper. Fry gently in Frylight (with garlic and/or chilli, if liked) until just beginning to soften. Add sliced mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
Add rinsed and drained (tinned) red kidney beans, passata and drained tinned tuna (you could add Worcester Sauce or Tabasco at this point) and heat through gently until tuna and beans hot. If it's thicker than you'd like, just add a little vegetable stock.
Serve.

Back