Free surgery for woman who 'can't afford to eat healthily'.

Omg i just read that article she infuriates me big time and she is so ungrateful she was on one of the lucky ones to be given wls and now is talking a whole load of crap.
I cant manage to work due at the mo due to my obesity related health problems i cant claim incapacity or dla and i get £120 a week to live off for me and my 17 yr old son. and my 2 dogs lol. Out of that i only spend £60 the most on shopping how come i can buy fruit and veg and a whole load of healthy stuff and still lose weight.
I honestly feel like giving her a slap and saying "stop being so ungrateful u have had wls stop buying crap and you will manage very well on the money yout get or get off your arse and get a job"
She said"she cant believe that after all her hard work someone has come along and undone her work" wat a load of crap !!

When i get to 21/22 stone nothing is going to stop me getting a job, granted it might have to be a job that is desk based but believe u me i will not be on benefits at that weight.
I have lost 31lbs in 8 weeks so how come i can buy healthy food on alot less money than she has and have a teenage son to support, she needs to wake up and smell the coffee and stop being so ungrateful.
Sorry rant over lol xxx

Last edited:
She needs a kick up the @r3e!
'I can't afford to buy WeightWatchers crisps and cereal bars any more '

Aldi sell fruit that's cheaper than WW products!

She's never worked-and I doubt she was always that size. She's a lazy sod! And her boyfriend doesn't work either! Surely if they're that desperate for money HE could get a job! People like this really annoy me,I have nothing against people having WLS if that's the only thing that can help. But why the hell should hard working tax payers have to fund lazy good for nothing spongers like hers' weight loss surgery!?!

If it was down to me, people like her would have all their benefits taken off them and she'd be forced to get a job-there's no way she can't work due to her size-my old manager in a pub was bigger than her and he managed to stand all damn day. Grr! she needs a slap, so does her free loading boyfriend

Quite shocking to read that, especially when so many people work so hard to loose the weight and don't sponge or complain. I know plenty of people sacrifice great amounts, that often they cannot afford, to loose weight. She needs a good kick up the bum!!!

Jez
xx

I know...it makes me really cross as well. The way she comes across in the piece...her attitude... GRRR

That piece is so disgusting. She has lost a lot of her weight and gained independance back and then to start eating crap again moaning about losing benefits.

What a lazy, inconsiderate, selfish cow!

I'm waiting for wls, have just had 12 months out of work (longest time ever since leaving school and i have three children) and due to start a new job in the next week or so (just waiting for paperwork). I've always worked even when my kids were babies, shovelling fish n chips down my local. This person just wants everything handed to her on a plate........

I hope that the jobcentre make her find a job as there is no reason apparent that she cannot work. Wake up and smell the coffee!!

Wow, I'd be so so so grateful for the opportunity that silly moo has been given!

I don't think they should ever give her her benefits back. Like most morbidly obese people I am struggling but doing my best to get the weight off. I can't understand why anyone would want to give up the chance of being healthier and having a life just so they can live at home unable to move. To deliberately gain weight to go back on benefits just seems crazy!

Of course she can't afford to eat healthily- none of us can with the increasing prices of fruit and veg. That however, is a government problem. They can't make it cheaper to buy a multipack bag of crisps than a bag of apples then have the cheek to release reports on obese children etc...

It's much more economic for me to buy said bag of crisps or a pack of supermarket brand biscuits to snack on- but seeing as I want to lose weight and then keep it off, I spend every saturday trawling markets and shops for low price fruit and veg. Anyone who says they can't afford to eat healthily is talking out of their backside. And can I just point out that what she gets in benefits each month is more than some of my friends earn on minimum wage. It's rediculous. This country is in such a mess :mad:

Of course she can't afford to eat healthily- none of us can with the increasing prices of fruit and veg. That however, is a government problem. They can't make it cheaper to buy a multipack bag of crisps than a bag of apples then have the cheek to release reports on obese children etc...

It's much more economic for me to buy said bag of crisps or a pack of supermarket brand biscuits to snack on- but seeing as I want to lose weight and then keep it off, I spend every saturday trawling markets and shops for low price fruit and veg. Anyone who says they can't afford to eat healthily is talking out of their backside. And can I just point out that what she gets in benefits each month is more than some of my friends earn on minimum wage. It's rediculous. This country is in such a mess :mad:

I spend £60 a week and i buy plenty of fresh fruit and veg and fresh fish and chicken.
I buy fresh salmon for £3 for 2 portions and we have that twice a week, i spend about £10/12 on fruit and veg i 2 buy from markets or cheaper shops like lidl and aldi that do fruit for 49 pence.
I cook from scratch 5 days a week and have lost 31lbs in the past 8 weeks and i am on benefits and i know plenty of single mums who live off benefits and cook very healthy food from scratch so it can be done and is no way impossible its just a matter of shopping around like u do and finding bargains in different places and i often have to check online to see who is offering bogoff offers or buy one get one half price and this is the way i manage to lose weight and eat healthily on benefits and she gets a whole lot more than i do and does not have an dependent son just her lazy arse boyfriend who want to eat crap all day even after bypass !!

Last edited:
I read all your remarks before I read the article and initially thought they're a bit harsh. Now I've read the article I totally agree with all of you. At her weight there is no reason why she can't work its more a case of won't.
Maybe she wouldnt be so depressed if you got up and did something instead of sitting at home and eating rubbish. It does make me mad when people get away with not working when they could if they would only get off their butt.

Vanda

I read all your remarks before I read the article and initially thought they're a bit harsh.

I've re read my comments and they are harsh-even for me! The reason I think like this is that my mum is morbidly obese, has a thyroid condition and is bi polar. She also used to work 40 hours per week. She's not working at the moment because she has a bad heart and is very poor health so she resigned rather than go on long term sick. She hasn't even bothered applying for benefits, we're just oulling together and tightening our belts a bit. If my mum can work in her state then I really can't see why that woman in the article can't get off her backside and get a call centre job or something. No one's asking her to hop on a bike and deliver tons of post! :rolleyes:

She obviously never wanders near the reduced section in her supermarket when they are slashing the prices:rolleyes:

Got 6 packs of Organic apples (4 in a pack) for £1.20 yesterday :D:D:D

Do they give you much education on healthy eating when you get wls?

I don't understand why she thinks she has to eat ww foods - they are expensive, but not terribly healthy. Much better to eat home cooked food. But this makes me wonder does this woman really understand healthy eating?

I think its a sad reality of what our society is now like when someone would rather be morbidly obese and house bound than to go out and work :-(

She did fantastically well losing all that weight, I am stunned that she is happy to throw all that away.

Do they give you much education on healthy eating when you get wls?

I don't understand why she thinks she has to eat ww foods -She they are expensive, but not terribly healthy. Much better to eat home cooked food. But this makes me wonder does this woman really understand healthy eating?

I think its a sad reality of what our society is now like when someone would rather be morbidly obese and house bound than to go out and work :-(

She did fantastically well losing all that weight, I am stunned that she is happy to throw all that away.

Hi hun yes they do give you advice on healthy eating b4 and after surgery to maximise the best results from your surgery.
She obviously just wants to sit on her arse and do sod all fron morning to night with her un employed boyfriend.
I wish i could work now i am so desperate to come off benefits and hold my head up high and gain some self esteem and self respect back and fingers crossed my time will come soon x

Roch, your attitude is a million times different to this woman, I know you are desperate to be able to work, and you will hon xxx

omg I was shocked when I read this, I can't believe that she is complaining after being given £8000 worth of surgery for free, her portions sizes should be miniscule now cutting her shopping bill anyway and there are always cheaper alternatives than ww meals and supplements.

I read this article a few days ago, and i think she needs to get off her arse and do something about it.

I am 21 and nearly 27st and have worked since leaving school, and all the way through college, yes my weight hinders what i can do, but i try my damnedest, ive been a waitress and a receptionist in a busy hotel and a cleaner, all three are very physically demanding jobs, be it stood up all day, with a 30 min sit down, being on your feel all night serving food and on the bar or bending and stretching cleaning someone elses rubbish off the floor or table... all of which i am able to do, it makes great use of exercise, as it used to absolutly knacker me out!!!!

may be she should get one of these jobs! she would soon loose weight and get money!

TBH if shes handed this amount of money all for nothing then she will just take it,its she now expects it and gets it so wants more.......Sadly this is why she will never work and will think all her excuses are justified.
WLS will work if the plans are stuck to like all diets but if sh3e carries on as she is eating cr+p then the weight will go back on.
She should be made to do voluntry work and told NO more moeny for surgery.I have worked my whole life and I was told No to help with the fees for WLS so this country says it all.......
I think she sums up the britian we now live in take what you can take more and be greedy,sadly those who deserve more get less xxxx

Back