Free2Go questions?

Hippopotamum

Silver Member
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone could help me with a few questions about Free2Go. I've got a teenage son (15) who has recently gained a bit of weight (since his birthday, then Easter, and then his holiday) which has made him realise he was already a little overweight and he would like to put himself back into the healthy BMI category.

He's got around a stone and a half to lose to be back in the middle of the healthy BMI for his age (strangely, he'd be in the middle of healthy if he was 18 at his height and weight now!). Anyway, I've tried to look it up but can't find the information, it says on the Slimming World Online website that he can have 3 healthy extras per day, but is that mixed (2 of one, one of the other?) 3 of each (surely not?) and no idea of how many syns he's allowed, I'm assuming up to 15 like everyone else but could be less as he's younger?

He's refusing to come to the class with me, which I can understand, but I'm not sure if he'll be able to access the information without going, does anyone know the ins and outs of Free2Go? x

Hi hun

The free2go version of SW is much more laid back with it being aimed towards children.
Im sure from what I remember is that they can have slightly more healthy extras and syns but just have to cut down on treats.

Here is a thread which may help.....

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/75091-free-go.html

If you're a paying member then check out the features all about it.......

http://group.slimmingworld.com/features/free2go-features.aspx

Helping men and women achieve their weight loss dreams - Slimming World

I hope this helps Hun xxx

That's brilliant thanks, Little Hippo, I get it a little more now after reading that. :)

I'll have a chat with my SW consultant on Thursday if she's got time too. xxxx

No problem Hun :)
I'm always happy to help another hippo lol!
I'm a massive hippo lover.

There are a few pages on the SW website on the free2go section and they look really good so they are definitely worth checking out xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I would definatley have a word with your consultant and explain he doesn't want to go and see if she can give you a booklet anyway. I can understand if they aren't to keen on that as SW insists consultants get a docors signature at some point to allow young members to attend. Free to Go works on the following principles:

-Unlimited free foods-as with as extra easy
-Unlimited Healthy extras (with exception to nuts, oils and Hi-fi bars), ideally these should be worked into main meals & used as snacks over syn choices
-One syn choice per day- young members are not to count syns. So one syn choice could be a bag of crisps or chocolate bar, this should be a standard serving. Depending on the young members previous diet you can start at a higher number of syn choices and take it down over time.
-Young members are encouraged to make 'cool - swaps' which is a bit like flexible syns with healthy choices

Back