FREE2GO

tafflass

Silver Member
Hi there :)
just wondered if anybody heres children have done the free2go plan?
i'm a little concerned for my 12 year old son.he's not long started high school and on a few occasions has come home saying someone has called him fatty or something.
he is bigger than he should be and really want to help him.
is free2go the same rules as our sw plans?
how do sw address the issues with children?
any help would be appreciated x

Back some time ago I attended a class where a young girl did really well on this plan. Children are encouraged to change their eating habits, if I remember correctly they have more a & b choices and the rules are not rigid cos it is to encourage lifestyle change. Would recommend attending class if you decide this is the best way to go.

thanks for that.
just don't want him thinking he's on a 'diet' and being different from his mates.
will defo take him to class though.he may listen about healthy eating if its coming from someone official rather than just me.

My daughter did this when she was 15, there was no pressure on her to lose. She got lots of encouragement from our consultant and lots of stickers, which she liked getting despite her age!

The free2goplan was very simple for her to follow, she was told of free foods to eat and good swaps to make when she was choosing food when she was out. For example exchanging a big mac for a plain hamburger, or crisps for quavers or snack a jacks. She had very little weight to lose and lost 1/2 stone with little effort.
She is 16 now and does the EE plan with me and is almost at her target.
I would definitely recommend it :D.

When i used to go to class a few years ago there was a teenage boy and girl at class, i think they get unlimited healthy extra's and guidelines for syns rather than the 10-15 rule. They did really well and you could see there confidence growing as the weight went down. It would be best to speak to your consultant.

Hi, My daughter is currently attending SW classes with me we have been doing it for approx 16 weeks now and she has lost 2 stone so far.:talk017:

How it works is children under 16 go free to class with a paying adult (myself). They get their own books etc the same as we do. There plan is red and green free foods unlimited on the same day. Then 3HEXA and 3HEXB. They do not have to count sins as they are only having free foods anyway. However they are allowed to have 1 treat a day be it a pack of crisps, choc whatever they fancy. It is up to you how strict you want to be with them. Hope that helped

My son is 13 and will be starting with me, his relationship with food is a tad obsessive!

He had an accident when he was 6, he trapped his finger in a door at church and crushed the top of his finger, because he had only just eaten a biscuit before the accident we had to wait hours until they would operate. When he came round he was ravenous and as fast as I could feed him toast and jam he was eating it, he actually bit my fingers at one point!
Since then he has been obsessed and terrified of hunger! It breaks my heart that his nickname is 'Fat Sam', even though he says he doesn't care.

Hi, My daughter is currently attending SW classes with me we have been doing it for approx 16 weeks now and she has lost 2 stone so far.:talk017:

wow!! your daughter has done brilliantly :D
2 stone is amazing.
thanks x

My son is 13 and will be starting with me, his relationship with food is a tad obsessive!

He had an accident when he was 6, he trapped his finger in a door at church and crushed the top of his finger, because he had only just eaten a biscuit before the accident we had to wait hours until they would operate. When he came round he was ravenous and as fast as I could feed him toast and jam he was eating it, he actually bit my fingers at one point!
Since then he has been obsessed and terrified of hunger! It breaks my heart that his nickname is 'Fat Sam', even though he says he doesn't care.

aww bless him!
its hard to hear that our children have been called names.my son also says it doesn't bother him,but its bound to!
he's one of those kids that eats a nice healthy tea then is straight back out the kitchen seeing what he can have next.
must say i think this sounds great for my son and will be taking him next week.
good luck with your son x

It is really great that you are all helping your children to eat sensibly. Good habits made now will make such a difference to their future. I wish there were more good parents like you around!!

It is really great that you are all helping your children to eat sensibly. Good habits made now will make such a difference to their future. I wish there were more good parents like you around!!
awww thanks for that.:)

Back