Freezer friendly foods?

raquelscatt

I often don't have much time to cook in the week and rely on the freezer for some meals!

I also like shopping at Iceland but have found it a struggle since joining SW. I need to know what freezer friendly "ready" foods I can buy with little or no syns to fill my freezer!!

Apart from frozen veg and meat, I am a little stuck.

Help please!

I would suggest m aking things in advance and freezing them to reheat like a ready meal. I make bolognese, chilli, canelloni and lasagne, loads of stuff like that and freeze them for when I want them.

If you have a look on the syns section and search on things like iceland, there have been previous posts about low syn options there. Dont forget quick and easy tinned things or stuff like mug shots or pasta and sauce.

Aldi have some low syn ready meals. Last night i had Thai salmon fishcakes with sweet chilli sauce - 1 syn each. Check on here for some more the lamb shank in mint sauce is low too but about a fiver for two. The fishcakes we're 2 for 1.99. Hope this helps.

I've just discovered frozen smoked haddock from Iceland. You get 5 pieces for £4 which is great value compared to buying fresh fish and the pieces are really big too. You can cook the fish from frozen so it's great for a spur of the moment evening meal

Back