Freezing Cottage cheese.

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by jane, 26 June 2007 Social URL.

1. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    Does anyone know if you can freeze Cottage cheese?

Things that freeze badly tend to be higher fat diary produce (eg full fat milk) whereas 1/2skimmed & skimmed milk freeze well.
    Cott-cheese could become a major standby in my diet over the summer on those days when the family choose to have a protein option at supper that is not OK for me. If I could have a stash of pots in the freezer it would really help.

Subsiduary Q:

On CD790 etc can you use low-fat natural fromage-frais instead of Cott-cheese? I'll need to check the labels,but I think the protein, fat & total cals contents are pretty similar.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Jane
    Cottage cheese does not freeze very well....Have tried it long time ago, when it thaws went a bit slimey. Too wet.
    Could try a small pot and see what happens.
    Nor sure about the fromage-frais though. Might be ok. Hopefully someone may come up with the answer to that one.

4. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    So it was the texture that changed not the flavour?

If I were to use it as a low cal sauce baseit wouldn't really matter if it went runny.

5. Emmzi

Emmzi Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.78%)
    Diet:
    S&S
    As a tub is about 35p, I think you can afford to experiment! Tell us how it goes!

6. ali.hale

ali.hale New Member

Diet:
    calorie counting
    I'd be interested to know if it works! I get through a fair amount of cottage cheese and this'd be an easy way to stock up...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.