freezing food

helzzz

loves SW!!
Yesterday I made a double portion of bolognaise sauce with quorn mince. Normally I'd just use it the next day but I have chicken that needs to be eaten so I froze it instead. I've never frozen food before so I don't know what to do with regards to reheating it. Do I need to let it totally defrost before cooking or can I just put it in the microwave and cook it from frozen? Also - would it be different if there was meat in it?

Thanks

I've frozen quorn bolognaise sauce before & just heated it up in a pan straight from the freezer, but i'm sure it would be fine in the microwave. As for heating frozen meat- i'm not sure as i'm veggie, but i would assume you have to make sure it is heated through really well. :)

If it's something in a sauce it's fine to re-heat from frozen. You can cook meat straight from frozen, but i find it tends to be overcooked on the outside and undercooked in the middle. I usuallu de-frost it in the microwave.

Our microwave is old and has hot spots in it, so I usually whack it in for 10 mins at a time and keep checking it every 10 mins. Once will probably be enough for an individual piece, but packs are normally a couple of hits.

Back