Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

freezing food

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by helzzz, 15 January 2011 Social URL.

1. helzzz

helzzz loves SW!!

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yesterday I made a double portion of bolognaise sauce with quorn mince. Normally I'd just use it the next day but I have chicken that needs to be eaten so I froze it instead. I've never frozen food before so I don't know what to do with regards to reheating it. Do I need to let it totally defrost before cooking or can I just put it in the microwave and cook it from frozen? Also - would it be different if there was meat in it?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. grumbletumble

grumbletumble Silver Member

Diet:
    SW- Green
    I've frozen quorn bolognaise sauce before & just heated it up in a pan straight from the freezer, but i'm sure it would be fine in the microwave. As for heating frozen meat- i'm not sure as i'm veggie, but i would assume you have to make sure it is heated through really well. :)

4. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If it's something in a sauce it's fine to re-heat from frozen. You can cook meat straight from frozen, but i find it tends to be overcooked on the outside and undercooked in the middle. I usuallu de-frost it in the microwave.

5. helzzz

helzzz loves SW!!

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the advice guys. It's good that I can cook quorn meals straight from frozen.

When defrosting stuff with meat how long does it take to defrost?

6. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Our microwave is old and has hot spots in it, so I usually whack it in for 10 mins at a time and keep checking it every 10 mins. Once will probably be enough for an individual piece, but packs are normally a couple of hits.

7. helzzz

helzzz loves SW!!

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Jen! This forum is fab for answering queries! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.