• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Freezing homemade chips

pizzle84

I will do this!!!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
mine have already started to get some condensation on them and there's LOADS of them to use up!! i'll move them into the cupboard but i think that might make them sprout now. It'd be really good if i could pre-cut them into chips though.

Yes, you can freeze them. I would par-boil them, not too much, then spread them out on trays and open-freeze them. Then portion them up and put them into freezer bags. That way they won't all freeze in one big lump!

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
cheers

S: 21st12lb C: 15st2lb G: 12st5lb BMI: 30.4 Loss: 6st10lb(30.72%)
I'd also suggest par-boiling them. Had chips tonight, they were so nice!

S: 27st8.5lb C: 17st3lb G: 16st7.5lb BMI: 36.6 Loss: 10st5.5lb(37.65%)
If you take them out of the plastic bag and store them in the dark in paper or a pillowcase or something in which they can 'breathe' they will be fine. It's only the plastic that causes the condensation. I never, EVER keep vegetables of any sort in the plastic they come in. Potatoes will last weeks/months in a dry, dark place.

I never really worry about them going off. I once had a sack of them for 2 months and they were fine. Cut the eyes off and you're good to go. Haha Xx

S: 20st12lb C: 20st12lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 47.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I never really worry about them going off. I once had a sack of them for 2 months and they were fine. Cut the eyes off and you're good to go. Haha Xx
I do the same!!

You could stick them all in the oven in foil and bake them then freeze them whole and take em out as you need them :) that way you can cut off the skins and reheat and use em for mash, or use for roasties, chips baked potatos or potato skins.