Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Freezing homemade chips

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by pizzle84, 30 October 2011 Social URL.

1. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    I got a massive bag of potatoes from aldi the other day and im worried that they will got off and i'll have to chuck them. Can i cut the potatoes into chips ready for cooking and freeze them raw??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vickidyers

vickidyers Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've never tried freezing them, but I keep a huge sack in the dark, dry and cool and they keep for weeks x

4. pizzle84

Diet:
    SW
    mine have already started to get some condensation on them and there's LOADS of them to use up!! i'll move them into the cupboard but i think that might make them sprout now. It'd be really good if i could pre-cut them into chips though.

5. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

Yes, you can freeze them. I would par-boil them, not too much, then spread them out on trays and open-freeze them. Then portion them up and put them into freezer bags. That way they won't all freeze in one big lump!

6. pizzle84

Diet:
    SW
    cheers

7. mrsthunderbolt

mrsthunderbolt Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(30.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world-green days.
    I'd also suggest par-boiling them. Had chips tonight, they were so nice!

8. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    If you take them out of the plastic bag and store them in the dark in paper or a pillowcase or something in which they can 'breathe' they will be fine. It's only the plastic that causes the condensation. I never, EVER keep vegetables of any sort in the plastic they come in. Potatoes will last weeks/months in a dry, dark place.

9. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    I never really worry about them going off. I once had a sack of them for 2 months and they were fine. Cut the eyes off and you're good to go. Haha Xx

10. slim-my-hips

slim-my-hips Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    20st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do the same!!

You could stick them all in the oven in foil and bake them then freeze them whole and take em out as you need them :) that way you can cut off the skins and reheat and use em for mash, or use for roasties, chips baked potatos or potato skins.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.