Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Freezing Roasted Vegetables

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by KittenKat, 12 October 2011 Social URL.

1. KittenKat

KittenKat Operation Hottie Kidnap

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all

As from Friday I will have moved out of my ex's house and will be all on my lonesome. Now, I want to be good and stick with SW and one of my favourite things is a tray of roasted veggies (onion, pepper, courgette, tomaotes, etc).

Now, rather than cooking small amounts of whatever each night, I have been contemplating cooking up batches of loads of things to freeze, and I was wondering if anyone has tried freezing roasted veggies and then reheating at a later date?

Thanks
    KK

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stackhead

Stackhead Slow and steady...

Start Weight:
    21st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13.5lb(27.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting with MFP
    I freeze everything. Literally everything I have leftover. I bought some little tinfoil tubs (like the chinese takeaway uses) and I put everything in there - even pasta bakes etc...

So my answer would be yes, I usually re-heat in the oven on anywhere between 180-200 for 30-50 mins.

xx

4. parfittaroles

parfittaroles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(18.52%)
    I was thinking about cooking batches of food on my day off & freezing them into individual servings. Since me & my oh split up on Friday I haven't bothered making a meal. Seems like too much effort just for one :(

5. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    You can buy the takeaway boxed in bulk on ebay. I make 2 big batches of something ( curry, chilli, soups) on Sundays. That way I always have something i can microwae if needed. I have a chest freezer which helps too.

6. KittenKat

KittenKat Operation Hottie Kidnap

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Awesome, I shall be doing that then!

7. parfittaroles

parfittaroles Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(18.52%)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.