Freezing Roasted Vegetables

KittenKat

Operation Hottie Kidnap
Hi all

As from Friday I will have moved out of my ex's house and will be all on my lonesome. Now, I want to be good and stick with SW and one of my favourite things is a tray of roasted veggies (onion, pepper, courgette, tomaotes, etc).

Now, rather than cooking small amounts of whatever each night, I have been contemplating cooking up batches of loads of things to freeze, and I was wondering if anyone has tried freezing roasted veggies and then reheating at a later date?

Thanks
KK

I freeze everything. Literally everything I have leftover. I bought some little tinfoil tubs (like the chinese takeaway uses) and I put everything in there - even pasta bakes etc...

So my answer would be yes, I usually re-heat in the oven on anywhere between 180-200 for 30-50 mins.

xx

I was thinking about cooking batches of food on my day off & freezing them into individual servings. Since me & my oh split up on Friday I haven't bothered making a meal. Seems like too much effort just for one :(

You can buy the takeaway boxed in bulk on ebay. I make 2 big batches of something ( curry, chilli, soups) on Sundays. That way I always have something i can microwae if needed. I have a chest freezer which helps too.

Back