Fresh Beetroot

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by StaceyUK, 8 March 2010 Social URL.

1. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Am making roasted fresh beetroot sprinkled with some of my cajun seasoning tonight. Never had fresh beetroot but love the pickled variety so fingers crossed I like it!

ETA - just had a quick sneaky taste and it's really yummy! Really glad I've discovered a new veg to add to my 1/3 superfree repetoire. LOL Oh, and the cajun spice gives a lovely kick. Next time I'll chop mine a bit chunkier because they went a little too burnt and chewy!

Last edited: 8 March 2010
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. boncuk

boncuk Full Member

Start Weight:
    124.5kg
    Current Weight:
    120.2kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.3kg(3.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Stacey,

If you can find them raw then the roast lovely, I use balsamic vinegar and season mine and they are lush....I love beetroot so much I buy at least 8 raw bulbs each week and roast it/make my own beetroot salad/grate it into normal salads raw, boil it as a veg on a Roast dinner.....versatile (although beware I have been told its an aphrodisiac and it makes your wee pink!!)

Claire x

4. pebbles67

pebbles67 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    just bought 3 non pickled beetroot in market yesterday. they already going white- what do i do with them - just roast em? how long for ? thanks

5. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love fresh beetroot, I put it in a roasting tray with carrots, parsnips and red onion, bit of salt and some mixed herbs, olive oil (2 syns per teaspoon) and roast it all together till caramelized. Is delicious with cooked pasta and feta cheese.

Also don't throw away the leaves, they can be washed, steamed and eaten just like any other greens.

:)

6. Miss Moneypenny

Miss Moneypenny Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(8.78%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Sorry to be a beetroot dunce but how do you cut it? Slice it into rounds/wedges/sticks?

I really like pickled beetroot and often have it in salads but I love the idea of roasting it with carrots and red onions...

Thanks!

7. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Make sure you thoroughly wash and scrub the outside layer of the beetroot, and then just cut it up however you like, there is no right or wrong way. I tend to cut my into quite large chunks.

8. pebbles67

pebbles67 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.3lb(14.85%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    thanks britmum

9. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Urmm agree with you there britmum beetroot is so nice and versatile too. I think will be getting some beets nest time i'm in asda

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.