Fresh, fruity food diary!

Littleone

Hi there :D

I want to start keeping a food diary so I don't make the same mistakes I have done in the past. I'm still new to slimming world and am sure I will make mistakes. Feel free to pop in and correct me on anything. I've joined a group and weighed in for the first time on Tuesday at 12 stone 13.:eek: It seems a massive amount to lose (to me) but I am up for the challenge.

I have been doing extra easy (before I joined group) but have experimented with a couple of green days. Today I've not been that hungry (mind distracted by other matters I think).

Wednesday
Green

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HExB) banana, ss milk (HExA)

Lunch - Leeks, bacon (6 SYNS) pasta with 3 extra light laughing cow triangles (3 SYNS)

Tea - 2 weetabix (HExB) banana, strawberries, ss milk (HExA)

Snacks - grapes, nectarine

Total - 9 SYNS

That look ok?

A bit of a difficult day today to plan anything as I've been away and at an interview/audition a long train ride away. Hopefully it's not been too bad. :confused:

Thursday
Red

Breakfast - mackerel in tomato sauce, salad leaves, cucumber, wholemeal pitta (HExB)

Lunch - seabass fishcakes (6.5 SYNS), peas, half jacket potato (HExB)

Tea - salmon fillet, brocolli, eggs (omelette-type thing), light philly (2 SYNS)

Snacks - apple, banana, onken ff vanilla yoghurt (1 SYN)

Total syns so far: 9.5

Will maybe have some cheese or something later as my HExA. :)

Later on yesterday I had cheese (HExA) plus smoked salmon (free) and quorn sauages (3 SYNS). Not very good I know! :sigh: Brings my total syns for yesterday up to 12.5.

Today is a pretty chilled out day. :) Only need to send a few emails and have a hospital appointment. Don't know yet whether it's going to be a red, green or EE day...

Today! (Extra easy)

Breakfast - sardines in tomato sauce on wholemeal toast (HExB) and cherries

Lunch - plain couscous with tuna and lots of cucumber, extra virgin olive oil (6 SYNS)

Tea - chicken curry (chicken, onion, garlic, spices, stock cube, lemon, apple, raisins (2.5 SYNS) )

Total syns - 8.5

If I need to snack tonight I've got lots of yummy fruit so no extra syns. :)

Right, weigh in is on Tuesday night and I am getting slightly more terrified each day. Last time I attempted SW (not for very long at all) I gained a pound in the first week and felt so embarrassed and disappointed in myself. I wasn't sure how it had happened so I'm trying to be more aware of what I'm eating this time and making sure I'm following the plan correctly.

A goal for today is to do half an hour on the exercise bike. :)

I forgot to say I had yesterday's tea with rice! Tried to put a pic up but technology isn't co-operating with me right now!

Saturday
Red

Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HExB) with milk (HExA), banana

Lunch - 2 quorn lamb grills (1 SYN for both), beans, mushrooms and onions

Plus something chicken-y for tea, probably with green beans, cheese and bacon. Will update once cooked and eaten which I'm off to do now! :cool:

Tea was chicken breast stuffed with cheese (HExA) and lean bacon in a philly sauce (2 SYNS) with lots of peas.

I had an alpro soya choccie yoghurt (6 SYNS)

And then it all went downhill! I had no added sugar cranberry juice to take with my medication (can't stand taking it with water but have run out of squash) (it came out FREE which surprised me)
a splash of orange juice (1.5 SYNS)
a little bit of tinned mackerel (in oil, drained) (came out at 1 SYN, another surprise)
and a cinnamon and raisin bagel (12 SYNS)

I'd guess my syns for today would total around 23.5 SYNS? Arrgh. :mad:

Line drawn! Tomorrow is a new day.

I'm going to try to plan it but not be too stressed out if I have to change something.

Sunday
Green

Breakfast - weetabix (HExB) milk (HExA) fruit (bananas, apples, cherries, oranges)

Lunch - pasta, leeks and other veg (mushrooms, peppers, onion?), philly (2 SYNS) and pesto (2.5 SYNS) sauce

Tea - SW chips, egg, beans

Snacks - fruit, fruit, fruit and yoghurt (2 SYNS)! cheesy (HExA) pittas (or toast) (HExB) with tomato sauce/salad

Total possible syns - 6.5

So far so good! I had the pasta lunch (as above) and it was delicious! Must have again (mental note) :eating:

I'm quite pleased as well because my boyfriend went out (unplanned) to get a tuna panini with nachos but I stuck to a diet coke, feeling virtuous! :)

Didn't have my breakfast as I got up so late but am wondering if I can sneak it in later on or if that is not really following the plan?

Still on for SW chips, egg and beans tonight. Yum!

Feel like I've eaten loads today so I think I'll just write it out properly.

Green.

Lunch - pasta, leeks, philly (2 SYNS) pesto (2.5 SYNS)

Tea - SW chips (turned out really nice!!) beans, scrambled egg

A very late breakfast - 2 weetabix (HExB) and ss milk (HExA)

Snacks and other stuff - cherries, cheesy (HExA) pitta (HExB)! plus a bite of a yucky weetabix concoction I attempted (call it 3 SYNS though that's being safe)

Total syns - 7.5

I think that looks ok for a green day? :confused:

Gonna plan tomorrow later on tonight. :)

Late night eating - why do I do it???!!! Frustrated.

Houmous (2 SYNS) and a mugshot (Free??) and a choccie (2.5 SYNS) so total is now 12 syns.

I might have a green day again tomorrow and buy sushi for lunch, or have pasta/jacket potato. We'll see!

Another line drawn!

Plan for tomorrow: GREEN day. Aiming for max 7 syns.

Goals for tomorrow:
Eat more fruit, eat more veggies.
Check syns before eating.
Do visualisation exercises.

Danger areas?

Late in the evening ---> choose fruit instead
Buying food when out ---> enjoy buying the dress I need instead!
Reacting with food if it's bad news ---> be aware of how I react
Cinema ---> don't need anything except poss a small diet coke
Friends offering food ---> it's fine to say NO. :)

Ended up Red!

Breakfast - apple, no time at all!

Lunch - salad - cucumber, lettuce, green peppers, sweetcorn, red onion, olives (1 SYN) chicken breast
Afters - small packet of 'shapers' onion rings - can't seem to find the syns, guessing at 2 SYNS

Tea - omelette (eggs, cheese - HExA x 2, Linda McCartney italian veggie sausages (1 SYN)) corn on the cob (5 SYNS - MISTAKE!! somehow I thought it would be Free on a red day, seems not!) :rolleyes:

I also munched a wholemeal bagel with smoked salmon, cream cheese and salad. Dread to think the syns. I know it will be high - 16 - 24? Feeling disheartened. But hey, at least I enjoyed it and it wasn't a binge.

So 9 SYNS counted properly.
I'll call it 29 for today.

Weekly syns
Wednesday - 9
Thursday - 12.5
Friday - 8.5
Saturday - 23.5
Sunday - 12
Monday - 29

TOTAL SO FAR: 73.5

Was that just an exercise to make me feel better or does it make my week a little bit more ok? :sigh:

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get back on track, just shout! ;)

Hi there!

I'm new to SW too!
Thought i'd follow you! Give me ideas!

Looks like your doing great so far!

Hi Purpled, lovely to have some company. :D

The group I joined is on a Tuesday night so I'd usually weigh in then but this week is a little different - I have my college prom tomorrow night, so I am aiming to go to my consultant's other group on a Thursday morning. Then back to normal. :)

How are you finding the plan so far?

Okay well good look for then!

I'm only on day 2! Just swapped from ww!

Are you all ready for the prom?

Good luck to you too!

I have to say I like the freedom you get on sw.

Its been very last minute but yes! I have a sleeved black laced dress (it's quite short) with tights and red wedges and a little necklace. I actually feel pretty in it which doesn't happen often. :)

I think we're going for a meal after to pizza express. I might go for a salad and syn it I think or share with people. Anyone got a better idea?! I don't drink so that's not a problem.

I plan to try eat lightly but well this afternoon.

I don't go to pizza express much so unsure. But all the salads looks great! I think I had pasta when I went with a pesto sauce and lots of veg!

Have a great prom! Dress sounds lovely!

Had a pizza instead! Oops but I just felt like enjoying myself and not worrying.

Weighed in this morning at group with a 3.5 pound loss! Over the moon!

Will go back to updating my food diary now I'm less busy. :)

Wow 3.5lbs is great! You must be happy!

Was the pizza good? I like the really thin crispy ones they do in there! Pizza Roma? Or something like that. I think sometimes we need to treat ourselves even when we are in diets! Especially on special occasions!

Back