Fresh Start - The Fast Diet - Wishbird007(Liz)

Wishbird007

Gold Member
Hi all. Ive missed you guys, I`m back, its been ages, need to have a read and catch up.

Ive not been caring about food been so busy with work, so I made myself get on the scales this wkend, 13 stone I've never been so big, so here goes nothing.

Friends have recommended the fast diet where u eat normally/healthy for 5 days and have 2 fast days which is basically, breakfast n supper later in day which both equate to 500 calories. So first fast day is tomorrow.
:)
Wish me luck, anyone else doing it?

I've got to get rid of some weight by June, got a motorbike tour round the UK n gotta get in my bike trousers which r slightly tight at the most.
I've also been feeling ill recently, having headaches, more migraines than usual, and feeling faint a lot.
So after my blood tests were normal I thought maybe healthy eating n a bit of exercise would help? We`ll see!

Last edited:
Thanks hun x

Non fast day
B:
Choc weetabix n SK milk
L:
Fruit salad
Snx:
Chicken cuposoup, coconut pieces, Marmite crisps
D:
Sausage, mash n carrots, onion gravy

Hello :). There are a few other folk trying the 5/2. I'm not personally (though may give it a go at some point!) but look forward to reading your updates to see how you get on with it.

Good luck!!

Cheers love. :)

Boo!! Here to follow hon :)

Morning, first fast day, feeling ready... Black coffee here I come.

eat normally/healthy for 5 days and have 2 fast days which is basically, breakfast n supper later in day which both equate to 500 calories.
Prob being very stupid here (kinda hoping I am) Does this mean BOTH meals total 500cals, as in say 250cal each... Or 500cals each???

Prob being very stupid here (kinda hoping I am) Does this mean BOTH meals total 500cals, as in say 250cal each... Or 500cals each???

Your fine love, it took my head time to adjust.
Both totals 500cals, so I'm gonna have weetabix which is about 166cals then rest is on my supper, chicken n veg.
Does that make sense? :)

Your fine love, it took my head time to adjust.
Both totals 500cals, so I'm gonna have weetabix which is about 166cals then rest is on my supper, chicken n veg.
Does that make sense? :)

OMG so 500cals for the whole day??? Oh God I couldn't cope with that.. I'd have that eaten in F&B alone... Fair play to you tho giving it a bash.. Best of luck with it :) x

OMG so 500cals for the whole day??? Oh God I couldn't cope with that.. I'd have that eaten in F&B alone... Fair play to you tho giving it a bash.. Best of luck with it :) x

Thanks love, it will be hard but I'm feeling confident. At the most x :). Just had my breakky, gonna have lots of liquid x

Hiya,
I've dont a few 500 cal fast days and its fine. Hard work but certainly manageable. It's like the dentist, the thought is worse that actually going lol x

Hiya,
I've dont a few 500 cal fast days and its fine. Hard work but certainly manageable. It's like the dentist, the thought is worse that actually going lol x

Hi love, cheers for that, I figure first day is always the worst! I've been for a walk at lunch while ppl eat, n I've bought some fizzy water n diet coke to fill me up x :)

Yeah, loads of water! Sliced lemon and boiled water with a sweetener is good too xxx

Go you getting out at lunch time.. My new thing is walking home from work.. Can't today tho :( Have challenged myself to walk home at least 3 days per week.. With my BF being back at work (Finally) he can drop me in in the mornings as his job is only down the road from mine.. Its only half an hour but half an hour less sitting on my ass.. And its up and down hill so a nice walk :)

Go you getting out at lunch time.. My new thing is walking home from work.. Can't today tho :( Have challenged myself to walk home at least 3 days per week.. With my BF being back at work (Finally) he can drop me in in the mornings as his job is only down the road from mine.. Its only half an hour but half an hour less sitting on my ass.. And its up and down hill so a nice walk :)

Cheers Frances x Sounds a good challenge! Its all exercise x :)

Hi all, well my first fast day wasn't so bad! Really enjoyed my dinner. Feel full n proud of my will power, so not used to having any! :)

Fast day no 1
B: choc weetabix n skimmed milk 166cals

Lots of water, black coffee n 2 sweeteners, diet coke.

D: slow cooked chicken n broccoli n carrots, bit of chicken gravy. Roughly 325 cals.

:) yay me x

Last edited:
Non fast day

Morning ppl

Hope our all well.
Feeling OK today, going to eat reasonably healthy today, may have a treat! I know that Kinder egg I found on my fast day yesterday on my fast day, I was like why.... Why do I find u wen I can't have u? Typical
Happy hump day Wednesday to all x

Aw, damn kinder eggs haha. My little cousin tried to give me one last night but I resisted the urge. Trying to keep off the choc for a while cause I had a serious addiction at one point :(

Back