Fresh Start - The Fast Diet - Wishbird007(Liz)

Morning, Happy Monday ppl. Weigh in.............i've lost 3lb :D
X
Fast day tomoz so a good day today x
WELL DONE!!!! That's brilliant - what days are your fast days this week

Hiya

I'm new to the 5:2 and fasting, and just came across this...i'm wondering what you eat on 'fasting days' and if it's possible to eat 3 times a day, or is it 2? I'm planning on seeing if i can get the book in town today!

I usually follow SW but i'm getting all too worried everyday about what i'm eating, measuring etc and I like the health / scientific benefits of the fasting.

Many thanks xx

Hi EatenMess (love your user name!!)

I don't follow the 5:2 but I have had days when I have had to cut back following a heavy weekend, I normally have

breakfast: beans on toast (approx 200 cals)
lunch: homemade or ww soup for dinner (just under 100 cals)
dinner: chicken stirfry and fruit (approx 200 cals)

- you don't feel deprived if you use your calories sensibly

hope that helps x

WELL DONE!!!! That's brilliant - what days are your fast days this weekQUOTE]

Thanks Donna, I'm sticking to Tuesdays n Thursdays x

Last edited:
Hiya

I'm new to the 5:2 and fasting, and just came across this...i'm wondering what you eat on 'fasting days' and if it's possible to eat 3 times a day, or is it 2? I'm planning on seeing if i can get the book in town today!

I usually follow SW but i'm getting all too worried everyday about what i'm eating, measuring etc and I like the health / scientific benefits of the fasting.

Many thanks xx

Hi
The book is useful, gets u in the mood for it.

At the moment, I am doing Tue n Thurs fast days on them I'm having a late breakfast of either porridge or weetabix then fasting all day and having meat n veg for supper, quite a normal tea, but u cud eat 3 smaller meals but that's not wot the book says to do :) if I get desperate on fast days I have cuposoups on hand, good luck x

Thanks Ladies,

Can't wait to get the books! Think i got a little confused about eating 2 or 3 times a day as i looked on thefastdiet website and just read on their that it's based on not skipping meals, so i assumed that was 3 meals a day!

Pretty sure i'd get used to 2 days of fasting, busy mum, wife etc and all of that! :D xx

Thanks Ladies,

Can't wait to get the books! Think i got a little confused about eating 2 or 3 times a day as i looked on thefastdiet website and just read on their that it's based on not skipping meals, so i assumed that was 3 meals a day!

Pretty sure i'd get used to 2 days of fasting, busy mum, wife etc and all of that! :D xx

OK yeah if our busy its great, my tip wud b to keep drinking liquid, lots of water n black coffee, these help me x good luck x ;)

Been to boots at lunch bought some kalms tablets n rescue remedy chewing gum x :(
Think I'm fasting today, feeling like not eating much so y not x :)

Hiya Liz, sorry about that only getting to sit now. Well done on the brilliant loss. Your doing really well, your rest day food looks really good as well as the fast days. This looks like it could really suit you.

Sorry you aren't feeling to happy today, hope you feel better now you are home from work! xx

Hiya Liz, sorry about that only getting to sit now. Well done on the brilliant loss. Your doing really well, your rest day food looks really good as well as the fast days. This looks like it could really suit you.

Sorry you aren't feeling to happy today, hope you feel better now you are home from work! xx

Hi love
Thanks love, I've got more to lose than last time so...lol
I hope this diet does suit me, summit needs to :rolleyes:

Apart from stress n my headache, which hasn't gone yet, today turned out OK, sort of fast day, didn't wash too much. Gonna go back to docs been having tons of headaches n feeling faint x

You look like our doing v well, u still on MFP? I'm back on that too x

Hi love
Thanks love, I've got more to lose than last time so...lol
I hope this diet does suit me, summit needs to :rolleyes:

Apart from stress n my headache, which hasn't gone yet, today turned out OK, sort of fast day, didn't wash too much. Gonna go back to docs been having tons of headaches n feeling faint x

You look like our doing v well, u still on MFP? I'm back on that too x

Yip you need to get the headaches sorted. Could it be birth control related do you think? I used to get bad headaches on the pill. Hope they can do something for you.
No I'm not on MFP anymore, kept getting loads of messages on how I should weight train, eat more protein yadda yadda, got the best of me and I deleted all my friends. I like it best here, people are more constructive with their advice I think.

Non fast day but low cal day
Monday
B:
Syrup Porridge n SK milk
Snx:
Chicken cupasoup, 2 pink n whites, 2 small granary bread n lurpak/Marmite before tea
D:
Tandoori chicken, rice n raita, mini milk lolly for pud
Tons of water n 5 black coffees n sweetener

Back