Fresh Start Tips...

kate_grace

Hi all,
Starting LT tomorrow and just need some inspiration I guess. Been reading the forum tonight for extra motivation- fab to see people getting great results.

Did LT 100% last year and lost 3 stone, but had the worst 10 months ever, turned to food for comfort and now feel disgusting. I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and after seeing a recent photo am determined to do this and conquer my demons.

Can't wait for the first 4 days to pass, but hoping this heat will help with drinking lots of water and not wanting to eat. My eating has been controlling me ..time to sort it out!

Any tips or support with doing LT long term would be appreciated.

Hi Kate, welcome to the forums! :)

Not much point telling you that after the first few days it gets easier as you know that already! :)

I'm on week 8 now, have a few days where I miss food but I have a picture on my phone of me "Before" that I look at when I'm feeling low. Long term is hard to think about at the time, just take each day as it comes and eventually you'll be ticking off the weeks!

There is so much support on the forums, if you feel like you are having a rough time then talk to us and we'll be there to support you. Afterall, we're feeling exactly the same as you are sometimes!

Good luck and let us know how you get on xxx

Hi kayroo,

Thanks for your great tips.. Definitely going to focus on one day at a time. Really like your idea of the before photo too to keep me on track, and remind me why I'm doing this.

Can't wait to start feeling better in myself - have added ice to the shakes for the very first time, delicious! off to guzzle some more water

k xx

Ps. Wow! Your losses are fab, well done for being on week 8. You must be so pleased!!

Hi Kate,
this may not be helpful this minute but I've been on my weight loss journey for a couple of years. Before that I would yoyo but since 2008 I haven't gained back. I did basically went to see a therapist to talk over my demons and find ways of coping that weren't food. The therapy was brilliant, helped in many ways. Also, I bought the Gabriel Method, a book with hypnosis. I agreed with a lot in the book, but not all- however the hypnosis is brilliant, it's about having great days, good night's sleep and eating fresh. Just eating what you need. I really think this helped me not to regain the weight.

I know that's not what you were asking about but might help you plan to not gain back after you finish LT?

Hope it was helpful. All the best - you can do it!!!

HI Bourke's Girl, and thanks,

That would be my ultimate dream, to learn how to keep the weight off for the long term.
That's what I like about LT - retraining how I think about eating, and realising that when I turn to food, it's rarely out of hunger.
Will have a look out for the Gabriel Method, always interested in reading up on stuff that can help with said demons!

Congratulations on not gaining since 2008 - that's a REAL achievement, you should be proud!!!

Thanks again
kxx

Thanks Kate :) You'll be at week 8 before you know it, taking each day at a time. I can tell your head really is in the right place so you'll do amazingly. Looking forward to seeing your first weigh in results xxx

Hi and good luck I started today just had first shake not nice and the kids want pancakes for lunch:eek: luckily I think the shake put me off food hope it stays like that. how long did it take you to loose three stone if you dont mind me asking thats what I have to loose.

Thanks Kayroo - even though just on day 3 , I'm feeling better and more sorted in my head this time around. I suppose I am in a worse place to start off with! Can't wait for first few weighs, to get the incentive going to really carry on.

Had a look yesterday at the before and after photo section on forum - really inspirational! It's amazing the difference LT makes in a matter of months.

Good luck with your first week AngelaMarie - feels like my first 3 days have dragged a little so far, but do feel better with every day! I have 5 or 6 stone to lose altogether :( but trying not to think how long that would take me on LT (if I did I may just crumble!!!) I've given myself a target to refeed and eventually follow Slimming World (but low carb) by Christmas though. Not sure how realistic this will be.....one day at a time I guess

kxxx

K, one day at a time is exactly the right approach! Try to keep busy. I found day 1and 2 quite tricky but then yesterday I had 3 different job interviews and my feet barely touched the ground- it flew!!

Day 4 now and feeling so optimistic it's crazy!!!

;-)
xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Bourke's Girl and good luck with the job interviews! xx

Thanks a million! I think this diet would be a lot easier with a job to distract me lol

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back